Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, long story short I traded in my fully bolted 2013 Genesis 2.0 turbo RSpec for a Sonata. I already dechromed it, did the full led interior and got hid headlight and foglights.

Anyways, this car sits rediculously high from the factory. I was looking at Megan EZ coil overs for it since it's an SE and I don't plan on tracking it or whatever.

My question is, will these be able to "slam" the car? I just want to get rid of the wheel gap and then maybe tuck the tires a half inch.

I did search but couldn't find anything relevant. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**** that sucks. Here in Arizona the roads aren't too bad. I was wondering if the Megan ez series would allow me to slam it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your car looks really really clean. I'm liking that flat black with the teal rims. Is that a wrap or plastidip?? And thanks, the exactly the picture I was looking for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the specs of the rims you have now? I looked In your garage but those were the old rims. Also, how much more do those coils have to go lower??

·
Registered
591 Posts
What's the specs of the rims you have now? I looked In your garage but those were the old rims. Also, how much more do those coils have to go lower??
Thanks. The car is wrapped 3M brushed black metallic. You really can't tell in pics that aren't close up.

These wheels are 20x8.5 with 40 offset. 225/35/20 tires with 5mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear.

Do they have the adjustable camber plates on top? It ids something I highly recommend

Sent from my Nexus 7
No they don't have the adjustable camber plates. The Megan Streets have em tho. That is a good thing to have but I just get the year worth of alignments for $100 so I don't have to deal with that myself.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks. The car is wrapped 3M brushed black metallic. You really can't tell in pics that aren't close up.

These wheels are 20x8.5 with 40 offset. 225/35/20 tires with 5mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear.

No they don't have the adjustable camber plates. The Megan Streets have em tho. That is a good thing to have but I just get the year worth of alignments for $100 so I don't have to deal with that myself.
D2 has the camber plates, and through someone here they are cheaper than Megan EZ's.... ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
591 Posts
It's all good. On my genesis I had ark gts springs so it will be a change going to coils.
The EZ are good coilovers. They don't have the camber plates which can be useful. I really haven't missed the camber plates. I've only had to adjust my front camber twice. So it just boils down to, if you think you need the camber plates. My rears are as low as they can go without removing the collars. I can go lower in the front, there's still a good amount of thread on the coils.

·
Registered
8 Posts
**** that sucks. Here in Arizona the roads aren't too bad. I was wondering if the Megan ez series would allow me to slam it?

Hey I'm in arizona too! I work at an import shop. I got my 2011 sonata a couple of months ago and have been looking for coil overs. We have an account with Ksport and they seem to be the only ones I can find locally. They are like 3 miles from my shop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts