Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Sonata Limited with the Ultimate package today. I'm really liking this car.

I'm a little surprised and disappointed by one feature I had on my Mazda that seems to be missing:

On the old car I could keep the key in my pocket, walk up to the car and push the unlock button door handle and get in. When I got out, I could just walk away and when the proximity sensor quit sensing the key it would lock on its own. I don't seem to see this anywhere on the Sonata. Am I missing something or is that not doable?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was also looking for this feature. I'm also pretty new to the sonata and I gotta say it bums me it's not here (along with the fact the windows don't roll down with the key fob). There was two or three times where I didn't lock the car intentionally, and came back out to a locked car... I assume this was me possibly locking it and not even realizing it since it's second nature

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the same car and don't think that feature is included. You can, however, lock it remotely using My Hyundai. Last month I was in the TSA line heading overseas for a week and realized my car was unlocked. No problem locking it remotely.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like something that it could be made to do via a software update. (The smart trunk arms itself after the key is out of range for a certain amount of time.) Whether they would do it or not if enough people asked for it is another story.

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (Mfg:11/09/17)
469 Posts
I have the same car and don't think that feature is included. You can, however, lock it remotely using My Hyundai. Last month I was in the TSA line heading overseas for a week and realized my car was unlocked. No problem locking it remotely.
Holimont, what smart phone are you using the BlueLink on?
I've been trying to get the remote to work for 4 months now with my Samsung Galaxy S4 (android) with no luck. I can successfully issue remote commands from my desktop PC but not from the smartphone. BlueLink helpdesk says phone is compatible and spent ~1 hour today with me to no avail. Even manually rebooted/reacquired head unit signal. She escalated issue to tech services.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That would be a nice feature but my ocds would not let me leave the car without making sure it is locked by pressing the lock button on the handle and test pulling the handle to make sure it is locked... lol :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
That would be a nice feature but my ocds would not let me leave the car without making sure it is locked by pressing the lock button on the handle and test pulling the handle to make sure it is locked... lol :)
I see a lot of those... Particularly Chinese folks: pressing lock button multiple times: beep-beep ... beep-beep... beep-beep, then start pulling at the door like it is washroom inside and they are so desperate.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Holimont, what smart phone are you using the BlueLink on?
I've been trying to get the remote to work for 4 months now with my Samsung Galaxy S4 (android) with no luck. I can successfully issue remote commands from my desktop PC but not from the smartphone. BlueLink helpdesk says phone is compatible and spent ~1 hour today with me to no avail. Even manually rebooted/reacquired head unit signal. She escalated issue to tech services.
I'm on a Moto G5 Plus and Bluelink works perfectly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts