Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently upgraded from a 2013 Premium Tech to a 2014 SFS 2.0T Premium Tech. I heard the SFS had gotten a third row seat, so naturally I asked the sales manager who I had bought my cars from, and he replied no. After letting it go I thought about other countries.

Apparently there is a third pop up row available for the SFS CDRI version overseas. I looked at many videos and pictures. The same cargo area organizer tray disappears, and the seats are in place of it. This explains the deep back cargo false floor. The storage for the jack stays in place.

Has anyone researched this? It looks like I could order this from the uk, and have it installed at my local dealer. Mounting holes should be already predrilled if they are set up the same.

Any takers on helping me out with this project?

Also, upgrading my 2013 to the 2014 I have a wealth of knowledge on why I switched and what I had issues with.

My mods on the 2.4L were under floor subs, HID's. The 2.0T I don't need either since the 2014 has LED headlights.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I haven't seen a SFS w/7pass, but if you were to add a 3rd row wouldn't you have to modify the 2nd to gain access to that? How is it done overseas? Do their 2nd row folds down and lift forward? Sounds like an interesting project, I'm also located in Houston and can lend a hand if needed. Might want to do this too. =)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen a SFS w/7pass, but if you were to add a 3rd row wouldn't you have to modify the 2nd to gain access to that? How is it done overseas? Do their 2nd row folds down and lift forward? Sounds like an interesting project, I'm also located in Houston and can lend a hand if needed. Might want to do this too. =)
I am growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of options available here vs overseas. I modded my last one because the sales manager told me 2013 sunroof didn't come in turbo...6 months later I have a turbo with a sunroof.

Anyway, check hyundai worldwide...they don't call it a SFS...just SF.

Interior clearly shows third row on SFS...I knew the under floor cargo wasn't for that. There is so much room under there when you take out the tray.

They must think we are all stupid and won't do this ourselves. They did SF and SFS so we couldn't pay less and get a 7-seater. I personally love the SFS size, but a fold down flat third row is gold!

Side plastic interior body molding also has cup holders (should be a snap).

I was thinking to add the kicker under my driver side seat and also under second row seat for added bass. Just to help out the little guy in the back. With 300 watts there shouldn't be any dimming on my lights. My 2.4L I put in a 500/1 with (2) 8w3's down firing under cargo floor in a custom box. Lights dimmed and HIDS flickered when bumping to much. I think a **** cell will be the ticket on this one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should not require modifications ... Just a bolt in I think since it was made for the SFS.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also thinking to take the doors off, silicon up any holes, cracks, and extreme dynamat the whole car top to bottom. I'll make up the 10hp loss with cat back exhaust.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's not just Hyundai, but a lot of automakers have to tweak their specs due to americans being a bit "heavier". And then that leads to some safety issues...blah blah blah..

Hopefully it'll be an easy plug and play.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LED or HID headlights?
John
2013 Had dimmer Xenons, which were ok, but not HID quality. I put in Morimoto 35-watt HIDs on it...very bright, but my system cause them to dim. Also when turning my wheel to the far left it strained the power steering pump causing them to blink, and the old Xenons would dim.

The 2014 has a better color tone, brighter than my HIDs, don't dim, and have a much wider fov IMO.

Instill plan to change them out and the fogs with matching led 5400k or a little bluer to match my led brow. Can't go too blue or I will lose brightness.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm not sure but I would expect it to require major modifications. The overseas versions have different builds. I would not expect the US/Canada version to have the hard points for the seats, the belt mounts, and the different interior trim to accommodate. We do know this is the case for the head lights and other parts like the hitch. Australian hitch is different than the us version. The Australian version has the 3rd row seats and that would make me think the back end of the car is different.

In the US/Canada they sell the LWB version with the 3rd row so they will never sell the 3 row version of the sport here. Unless they kill off / rename the LWB version (Santa Fe)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm not sure but I would expect it to require major modifications. The overseas versions have different builds. I would not expect the US/Canada version to have the hard points for the seats, the belt mounts, and the different interior trim to accommodate. We do know this is the case for the head lights and other parts like the hitch. Australian hitch is different than the us version. The Australian version has the 3rd row seats and that would make me think the back end of the car is different.
In the US/Canada they sell the LWB version with the 3rd row so they will never sell the 3 row version of the sport here. Unless

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

In the US/Canada they sell the LWB version with the 3rd row so they will never sell the 3 row version of the sport here. Unless they kill off / rename the LWB version (Santa Fe)
So I checked with my dealer, which he had the Hyundai Rep on site... The SFS didn't get the third row here because of safety ratings. If I was able to contact overseas and get the seats, which I do have connections to get it... I would not be able to have it installed by the dealer. I am considering contacting Hyundai America about this. Such a simple thing to allow us to have...why give us a worthless cargo tray organizer that doesn't even utilize all the space under the floor.

First week of January I plan to peruse this by getting the third row, side moulding, seatbelt harness, and I'm going to get it bolted in.

Anyone with overseas schematics of the SFS and US schematics would be a huge help. Doesn't make sense that everyone but the US can have it. They get better MPG engines, better features, etc. When I can have a flat third row in a SFS, why should I have to buy a huge SF...complete crap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts