Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings, I have a new set of SE Sway Bars for the 2006-2010 NF Sonata. These are the 27MM Front & 17MM Rear bars. Brand new OEM with bushings and brackets (rear only) Purchased them for my 2009 GLS and then decided to go with the UltraRacing Bars. :D Which I have yet to install also...

I am around $225.00 invested and would love to see them installed on your NF! Your lucky day. $100.00 plus shipping and they are yours. Pictures are always fun. Uploaded one of the pair.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
How much thicker are the SE bars vs. stock? What did the Ultra's set you back and did you order right from Ultra. I see on the website that the Ultra's are +3mm over both the SE's which should make them a bunch stiffer than stock.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I might be interested. I'm possibly getting a daily driver this weekend and turning my car into a weekend car. If that falls through I'll jump on this, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How thick...

How much thicker are the SE bars vs. stock? What did the Ultra's set you back and did you order right from Ultra. I see on the website that the Ultra's are +3mm over both the SE's which should make them a bunch stiffer than stock.
Greetings, The stock GLS bars are 16MM Rear & 26MM Front. The SE bars are 1MM thicker front and rear. The UltraRacing are 4MM over stock & 3MM over the SE bars.

The 1MM larger in the rear equates to a 27% increase in torsional rigid while the front equals a 16% increase.

The UR bars are 144% and 77% increase over stock and 52% and 92% over the SE bars.

I purchased the bars from Evan at NextGenTuning. Excellent people to work with and great communication on orders and updates. I highly recommend their services. The rear was $225.00, the front $275.00 both included free shipping.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know...

I might be interested. I'm possibly getting a daily driver this weekend and turning my car into a weekend car. If that falls through I'll jump on this, I'll let you know.
Sounds great! Let me know as they are still available under my couch. They make the couch handle so much better...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sonata SE Sway Bars...

Still for sale. Make me an offer...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NF SE OEM Sway Bars...

Greetings,

Now going for $50.00 plus shipping! :eek: These are New OEM bars for the SE model. Front is 27MM/Rear is 17 MM. They will fit all NF model Sonatas 2006-2010.

It's Spring... treat your Sonata to a new MOD! See picture in first post.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rear Bar SOLD! Dealer took back!

When all else fails... Take them back to your dealer and see if they will help you out? :D I really like my dealership! Purchased a year ago in August, they took the rear back, full price credit with no restocking charge. :eek:

Now the front may be another matter. Purchased from another dealer on the East coast. Front 27mm (SE) still available. $60.00 shipped!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$50.00 Shipped! Front SE (27mm) Sway Bar

When all else fails... Take them back to your dealer and see if they will help you out? :D I really like my dealership! Purchased a year ago in August, they took the rear back, full price credit with no restocking charge. :eek:

Now the front may be another matter. Purchased from another dealer on the East coast. Front 27mm (SE) still available. $60.00 shipped!
Somebody has got to want this bar... $50.00! Next stop, recycle bin! :surprise:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Recycled...

Somebody has got to want this bar... $50.00! Next stop, recycle bin! :surprise:
No one wanted this SE Sway Bar so it has been recycled at Metro Scrap Metal Recycling. So that would be a "Sold?" Hey, they gave me $2.00!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts