Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Sonata SE Saturday evening from Jim Doten Hyundai in Richmond, CA. I received first class treatment the whole time. Randy Hall was my rep and he quoted me an excellent price over the phone, emailed me the numbers then preceded to honor those numbers when I arrived. I happened to get to the dealer at 7:00PM and they closed at 8:00PM. Both Randy and the finance manager [Gill] stayed until 11:00 PM to complete the process. They were both extremely polite, helpful and friendly and to top things off; Randy personally *detailed* the entire car while we were going through the paperwork process. I had commented that I really wanted a white one because of dirt showing and to prove my point, there were large water-spots on the roof of the SE he'd proposed selling me. I told him I wouldn't leave the lot until they'd be taken care of, expecting him to just hose the thing off. In stead he washed the entire car by hand *THREE TIMES* and gave it *TWO* coats of wax, finishing the interior with a complete go over. It was a sparkling gem by the time he was done. Well done Randy and Gill. I'll post some photos later when I get a chance.

I must say, I love driving it, it's gotten LOTS of attention and unanimous "thumbs up" from EVERYONE who's seen it! I plan to have the windows tinted on Friday, which should make it look all the better. All I can say is this is a LOT of car for only $199 a month. I don't know how I'll top this one when the lease is up in three years.

Cheers all!

Doc V

P.S. I know some people have commented that they did not get a cargo net. Mine came with one standard and Randy even took the extra 15 mins at 10:30 PM in the evening to install it for me. Randy, you really are the man! P.P.S- He's been at this dealership for 11 years. I think that says a lot for a Hyundai rep.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (Doc_V @ Apr 21 2010, 02:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315361
Just picked up my Sonata SE Saturday evening from Jim Doten Hyundai in Richmond, CA. I received first class treatment the whole time. Randy Hall was my rep and he quoted me an excellent price over the phone, emailed me the numbers then preceded to honor those numbers when I arrived. I happened to get to the dealer at 7:00PM and they closed at 8:00PM. Both Randy and the finance manager [Gill] stayed until 11:00 PM to complete the process. They were both extremely polite, helpful and friendly and to top things off; Randy personally *detailed* the entire car while we were going through the paperwork process. I had commented that I really wanted a white one because of dirt showing and to prove my point, there were large water-spots on the roof of the SE he'd proposed selling me. I told him I wouldn't leave the lot until they'd be taken care of, expecting him to just hose the thing off. In stead he washed the entire car by hand *THREE TIMES* and gave it *TWO* coats of wax, finishing the interior with a complete go over. It was a sparkling gem by the time he was done. Well done Randy and Gill. I'll post some photos later when I get a chance.

I must say, I love driving it, it's gotten LOTS of attention and unanimous "thumbs up" from EVERYONE who's seen it! I plan to have the windows tinted on Friday, which should make it look all the better. All I can say is this is a LOT of car for only $199 a month. I don't know how I'll top this one when the lease is up in three years.

Cheers all!

Doc V

P.S. I know some people have commented that they did not get a cargo net. Mine came with one standard and Randy even took the extra 15 mins at 10:30 PM in the evening to install it for me. Randy, you really are the man! P.P.S- He's been at this dealership for 11 years. I think that says a lot for a Hyundai rep.
$199 a month? How much did you put down?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on your new car. I also got my '11 Sonata from Randy couple of weeks back and the service was excellent.

So far, enjoying my GLS with no complaints.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very nice! I also have the black SE, it looks great! Can you post some pics of the black interior? I have the gray, which has some black pieces as well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. You were very fortunate to have received such outstanding service, especially from your sales rep who attended to your needs during the sale. In my own experience, whenever I receive such over the top service I tend to tip the sales rep-it is rare mind you, but I have done it in the past-just curious did you?

I think it shows class to tip for that type of extraordinary service.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Attached is the best "interior" shot I have at the moment. It's not all solid black, the center fabric is a dark charcoal weave and the contrast looks nice in my opinion. I personally wanted the black interior, because it's the only one without the two-tone steering wheel insert or dash and door panel. In my humble opinion, the lighter color material does not do the switches justice and lessen the overall appearance. Otherwise I would have gone for the tan or camel interior which I typically prefer in most cars.

As for tipping the sales rep, [Randy] the main motivating factor for getting a new car in the first place, was to get out of my expensive previous car, [An 06 BMW Z4 3.0Si]. Unfortunately, work has been tough for some time now and I really couldn't afford a monetary tip. I did however, happen to have a bottle of my favorite wine in the trunk of my trade in which was given to me as a gift. I asked him if he and his wife liked wine and gave it to him. It was all I had to give and since it was a gift to me, [ and my favorite wine to boot] I was a little hesitant to give it away but felt he more than deserved it. However, at the end of the day, I feel the good word I spread to EVERYONE I speak to or posting here and on similar sites should net him a generous tip over time. For what it's worth, I did send him a thank you card, after the fact, which I've never done before.

As for the car it self, the more I drive it and the more time I spend in it, the more I am falling in love with this car. The two words that keep coming to mind are, "pleasant surprises". In retrospect, compared to my Z4, with the major obvious difference of comparing a purpose-built sports car with superior power and handling, I would place most every other experience in the Sonata SE on par with the BMW and in some instances, the Sonata is even *better* if you can believe that. As for the pleasant surprises, little things like how well the voice commands work compared to the BMW, or the efficiency of the Bluetooth interface to the audio system as well as a hard line. [my BMW had neither-though I know newer models do]. On a performance note, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled accelerating up freeway on ramps. [Especially compared to my 2003 Elantra.] The Sonata SE's sport suspension feels planted and confidence inspiring through the turns, while the engine pulls strong and shifts are smooth as you accelerate into the flow of traffic and even pass the slower cars in the outer lanes.

All in all, I cant wait to drive it again, I even find myself deliberately taking the long way home just to drive it a bit more; something I used to do in my Z4. Before my Z4, I had a 98 BMW 528i with sport package and all the bells and whistles and as good as a car it was in it's day, the Sonata is even better with one exception, I don't like how the Sonata's tires tend to "tram-line" which my Z4's run-flats did too or how at highway cruising speeds, I find the Sonata weaves due torque steer when modulating on-off the throttle to maintain a constant speed. I'm hoping this is something that well either work itself out in time, or I'll learn to drive around. In the mean time, I just hope I don't get followed too closely by any CHP who might think I've been drinking.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm going to sound like an idiot, but this picture is making me think I have the black interior. I really didn't specify when I ordered the car on 2/15, but my interior looks almost identical to this. I can't find the **** window sticker anywhere now!!! There are pieces of black leather with gray cloth in the middle, so I have been calling it gray. HMMMM where is that window sticker... does anyone have a picture of the gray interior for comparison?

Edit:: I found a picture here http://gtcarlot.com/gallery/26818223.html and mine definitely does not look like this - so I guess it is the black. Sweeeet I like the black better by far anyways.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Glad to see you are learning, discovering (pros and cons) and enjoying your ride. And yes, you absolutely displayed the kind of appreciation for above average service. Kudos to you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts