Hyundai Forums banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to the Forum! I just purchased a 2017 Santa Fe SE Ultimate AWD. Couldn't be happier with the car. Style, performance are tops. I am a repeat owner as I also have a 2008 Sonata GLS with 182K miles on it and it is still a smooth, comfortable ride. I have religiously maintained the vehicle maintenance recommendations for the Sonata, which leads me to my question. I have read the "break-in recommendation for the Santa fe, which is simply to not let the RPM go over 4000, etc. Well and good. QUESTION: In this break-in period, should I change the oil and transmission fluid after, say, 1000 miles, to get rid of any metallic dust, debris, from the new engine? QUESTION: Would I gain any benefit in performance, operational endurance, etc., if I switched to synthetic motor oil, and kept that in the vehicle for its life? I look forward to a long life with this car and I want to do best for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, new to the forum and loving all the information here. Just sold our Rav4 to move into a 7-passenger. Currently trying to find a 2013-2016 XL with 7-passenger and NAV. Why are there only 6-passenger models available? I'm hoping its because everyone loves their 7-passenger so much, there are just no used ones out there :laugh:

Researching the UNAVI system because there are a couple 7-passenger with no NAV. The UNAVI seems so easy to install and looks good IMHO. The Santa Fe thread I found was quite old - nothing new since 2015.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just turned 2000 miles on my Santa Fe Limited Ultimate AWD with the Tech package. Previous owner of a 2013 Santa Fe Sport Turbo. Couldn't be happier with the move up. I miss the power of the turbo when needed but the third row seating was a need for me with a new grand baby. Love the features of the Tech package especially the headlights. I installed an ATT Mobley Wi-Fi hotspot which is great when you are traveling. Got a great deal by using True Car to get a starting point by the time it was said and done got a great deal with free maintenance and tire/wheel package. Looked around at others and was considering a Dodge Durango but price and warranty was the deciding factor for me. Overall couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just turned 6000 miles on 2017 Santa fe seven seat version purchased it in October 2016.first hyundai purchase for me. Quite impressed by the build quality, warranty, ride and features. Tech package is also amazing. Only complaint is the my mpg seem to be on the low side.
My friends Toyota highlander and mazda CX9 get better mpg... Also planning on doing first oil change at 6250 miles instead of the recommended 7000 miles...

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought my wife a 2015 limited, my first Hyundai so hope it works out well for us kind of a pain getting free oil changes like doing it myself but free is free
First thing on the list is I need to get a set of factory cross bars for the roof rack any good online Hyundai parts places ?
Etrailer. Com

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all! Just recently purchased a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited - my first Hyundai. Looking forward to reading up about all I can about this vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Last week we got a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe LE with the option package. White. Just had the dealer put on the clear bra and door edge protectors. We're retired, so we typically don't drive too far. Our old Trailblazer was 10 years old and pretty bare bones, so there are a ton of goodies I need to read up on and learn how to operate, although Hyundai has done a great job in the explanations and making the goodies User Friendly. The dealer was great, also, with high ratings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Picked up our 2017 Santa fe xl limited in August, 27000 kms on the clock now. I have to say I'm impressed with the whole package and my other vehicles where Audi/Mercedes. Definitely can't beat the value.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
As of 18 February my family is the proud owner of a used 2017 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate FWD. It is Black on Black with Tech package. This is exactly what we wanted and they are very hard to find. There are a lot of black with gray interior, but very few black with black interior. We drove from St. Louis to Montgomery, AL to purchase the vehicle. It had 7,000 miles with an in service date of 27 May 2017. I could not pass on the deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We bought our 2017 Santa Fe XL on February 18th as well - we got a Luxury model in Night Sky Pearl with black leather. It's been great so far. Looking forward to learning from the folks on this board.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,
I'm the owner of my first Hyundai (a 2017 SF XL "Premium" - a Canadian trim level). Compelling features for me were the three rows, AWD, towing ability, and relative value. Having come off a 2004 Toyota with a cassette player, it's a major leap forward in features and technology. After having driven it a few weeks, I think the ride is just right (comfort vs. firm/responsive) and the seating is very comfortable for all passengers. The one thing I did notice, is that the electric power steering seems slightly vague - not bothersome or annoying, just noticeable. Our last vehicle was a minivan, so perhaps a rooftop cargo carrier is in my future.
I hope you all enjoy your vehicle as much as I do mine!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My new and First Hyundai 2017 Santa Fe LWB

I just bought my new Sana Fe this past weekend. I upgraded from a 2004 Trailblazer with 193,000 miles. I am used to doing most of the work myself and I look forward to seeing discussions from others.

My Santa Fe is a Midnight blue with a grey interior. No mods yet. My commute is around 500 miles a week, so it and my backside will become friends.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Traded in my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for a 2017 Santa FE Limited Ultimate earlier this month. It's Storm Blue with a grey interior. Thought I might miss my jeep, but after almost a month I can honestly say I made the right choice. What a great vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found this forum. I have a 2017 Sante Fe Limited, got it last July. I'm getting into travel trailers and this forum has already provided some great insight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just found this site. I am hoping to hack my system to achieve a bunch of stuff, such as

* remove agree button step
* set as default; sport mode, cruise distance short, cruise always on...
* etc

will soon find out the reality of such things

Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been on and off on this forum but never introduced my ride. We own a Santa Fe XL 2013 Limited (6 seats). We got it brand new, and now it has 68K on it. Great car, love all the gadgets but not very happy with reliability. I guess that's why they provide 5y 100k warranty.
Bought it for the comfort and long drives with a travel trailer in tow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everyone, just got my 2014 FWD limited last week and I love it. I want to change out some lighting but that's about it. Does any know if there is something wrong with the forum search function it doesn't seem to work for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just upgraded my wife's car to a 2017 Santa Fe Ultimate Limited AWD on June 30th. So far we're loving this car and are taking it on its first big trip today to Williamsburg, VA.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts