Hyundai Forums banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
First-time Hyundai owner here. New (2017 leftover) Santa Fe Limited Ultimate AWD in Storm Blue. The Santa Fe replaces a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander.

I had joined the forum a while back because the Santa Fe was one of my top candidates, and lurking here helped convince me that the Santa Fe was a good choice. I also test drove a 19' Sorento EX and a 19' Outlander GT. The Outlander did not really impress but I liked the Sorento a lot too. The deal on the Santa Fe sold me, along with some nice little extras like the captain's chairs and surround-view camera.

So far I'm pleasantly surprised at how intuitive the controls and tech features are done on the Santa Fe. It has a character overall that just seems really smooth and easy to live with.

I have a Curt hitch and some wiring bits on order so I can use a hitch-mounted bike rack and pull a small utility trailer.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Let's see? I think I joined here years ago when my wife was considering a Sonota, but we ended up with a Mercedes instead. Which isn't a bad thing either. Fast forward to yesterday morning when she sent me a text and asked if I though it was crazy if we shopped for a used SUV. Long story short, we ended up with a '13 Night Sky GLS AWD. Looking forward to the added space on road trips. My CC Silverado and her C300 aren't the best fit with 2 teenage boys and 2 full size dogs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Let's see? I think I joined here years ago when my wife was considering a Sonota, but we ended up with a Mercedes instead. Which isn't a bad thing either. Fast forward to yesterday morning when she sent me a text and asked if I though it was crazy if we shopped for a used SUV. Long story short, we ended up with a '13 Night Sky GLS AWD. Looking forward to the added space on road trips. My CC Silverado and her C300 aren't the best fit with 2 teenage boys and 2 full size dogs.
Nice. Enjoy the new ride.

Looks like you are into MTB - me too. How's the shredding in HI?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was great! Moved back to the mainland in '15. Went to Rhode Island for a few years and now we are living in Arizona. Guess I should update my info. Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just Picked up a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited... 1st SUV, other than having an 87 Jeep Cherokee that I lifted and modded for Off Road Use. Came in from a 2007 Pontiac G5, my other vehicle is a 2001 Honda Prelude with H22A Euro w/5spd LSD trans. Had the Santa Fe a week and it has replaced my Prelude as my Daily (for now at least) but primarily got this for my Fiancee and I to make trips with our dog. Love the Huge cargo area and the rear A/C, the dog loves it too.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
We picked up our first Hyundai, a '16 Ultimate in white over gray. It was an unscheduled buy since the engine went out in my wife's Odyssey. The kids are bigger so there was no need for another van. So off to Carmax so my wife could sit in and test several different SUV's. The big thing for her was interior design and layout.

The Hyundai was her choice over all other mid size SUV's. We looked for about a week and found one at another Carmax. Took it for a test drive and my wife was sold, until we get back from the drive and they told us it was a transfer for another customer. My wife was a little heartbroken since it was a great combo and she loved the gray interior. So I sourced a silver one at a traditional dealer and was all set to pull the trigger, had a copy of the buyers order in hand and we were about to head out to buy it when Carmax called to tell us the buyer backed out and it was ours if we still wanted it.

So back to Carmax and we are the new owners of a '16 Ulimate with 25,xxx miles on the clock. I'm jealous of the pano roof and she is really, really enjoying the car - loves the cooled seats and all the tech in the car. We did opt for a warranty through Carmax as it was pretty cheap insurance and the car will be covered for the next 100,000 miles.

Anyway, we are happy to be joining the Hyundai family and I'll be digging around for any pointers/tips on what new owners should be doing/not doing and any easter eggs are always cool to find on new cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi ALL, Purchased a 2014 7 passenger limited AWD used CPO with 42K miles and it didn't take long to see/hear/ and feel the car bottoming out . I installed a class 2 hitch that must weight 40 lbs. and saw the rear drop. loaded my "stuff"in the back and it went down further. Took the wife out and couldn't go further than a mile from all the bottoming . To date have installed 2 sets of firestone airbags #4170 and both have failed for loosening schrader and bag then turns in the coil and destroys itself or cinched top schrader fitting so tight it cut the o-ring in the fitting and would not hold air. Now the same bag schrader just turns in the bag rendering the bag useless. Only way for this airbag to be used is IF i can find another schrader to bag connection that is straight or has a 45Deg angle to the airline . looking for the rear suspension part numbers springs to fix this issue .Yes the rear tires are wearing fast on the inside fronts much slower wear . This car needs to have tires rotated every 5K : (
I removed the fluid to fluid trans cooler and installed trans cooler in front of the radiator area . The trans fluid was bad and the manufacture said it was not checked because the first change fluid service is 60K miles but from that point on its changed every 30K miles . Gee wonder why ?
Car does 16-26 MPG depending on speeds (70-90) and road conditions. I run the tire pressure at 10% below max stated on the side wall. The only other issue i would like to fix is the "warning of objects" in the small back up screen , that would help me use the backup screen with confidence .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Several threads about rear spring swaps. Check them out by searching. Most have cured the soft rear spring issue by installing rear Hyundai Veracruz springs. It is a direct swap.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts