1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welcome everyone! post your intro's here

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 1st 10 days of Santa Fe Limited LWB ended yesterday. The most pleasing aspect is the ride. It seems effortless, quite and responsive. I'm not pleased with the suspension over bumps. It feels like there is a additional bounce or two from the tire that possibly a slightly stiffer spring/shock might help. I love the interior, it's comfortable and spacious. The engine is responsive to my right foot and the average MPG meter is teaching my to drive again. I might add that I only have 473 miles on it and I'm 61 years old

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not an owner yet but I think I've found the most active Santa Fe forum. Currently own a BMW E90 sedan that is outliving it's usefullness with 3 kids. Former owner of 1st and 2nd generation Acura MDX. I already have mods in mind. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought mine a week ago today.

I have a 2013 White Limited Santa Fe LWB with the Technology Package. I also own a 2012 Sonata Hybrid. I'm loving both cars! Interesting to see the Sonata used 5W-20 and the Santa Fe used 5W-30 oil. I will be changing the oil myself at 7500 miles with synthetic and a Napa Gold (Wix) oil filter.

I love the panoramic sunroof and the captains chairs are a hit with my family. So much legroom. This is the coolest car we've ever owned. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today my car is at the dealership to get the "Pro Pack" treatments on the interior/exterior and the loaner car they gave me is a brand new (233 miles on it) Santa Fe Sport 2.0 Turbo! That thing is also super nice! Lots of power! Best loaner car I've ever had. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
2013 Santa Fe LWB 5 Days From Dealer

The 1st 10 days of Santa Fe Limited LWB ended yesterday. The most pleasing aspect is the ride. It seems effortless, quite and responsive. I'm not pleased with the suspension over bumps. It feels like there is a additional bounce or two from the tire that possibly a slightly stiffer spring/shock might help. I love the interior, it's comfortable and spacious. The engine is responsive to my right foot and the average MPG meter is teaching my to drive again. I might add that I only have 473 miles on it and I'm 61 years old
Young 61 year old Man
You should read page 1.5 of your owners manual.
It states your should not hot rod nor hold steady speed for the first 600 miles.
I am breaking mine in old school, varying the speed and NOT setting the cruise control.
Driving like that I am getting 29 + MPG around town and on the freeway.
I traded in a "Rough Rider 2013 Kia Sorento and was only getting 26+ ON IT.
THE HYUNDAI IS MUCH MORE REFINED in every way THAN THE KIA!!!
TEXASjack

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice forum! Current Honda Pilot owner looking at a 2013 GLS. I'll hopefully pull the trigger on the new car by the end of the month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First Time Hyundai Owner

Im a first time Hyundai owner. After being an Acura customer for the last 13 years, wanted to change and drive an SUV. The SF LWB caught my eye and finally got one last week. A few things surprised me about the car, especially a few things it lacked. I was very surprised to see that the car, even though its a limited, does not not come with memory seat buttons. This is pretty much a standard feature on cars with power seats. Also the passenger seat, which is power, doesn't have the up/down option, which my wife hates because she's short. That being said, im in love with my car, and overall very happy with my purchase. My mod plans include the HID headlights and fogs and installing a hitch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im a first time Hyundai owner. After being an Acura customer for the last 13 years, wanted to change and drive an SUV. The SF LWB caught my eye and finally got one last week. A few things surprised me about the car, especially a few things it lacked. I was very surprised to see that the car, even though its a limited, does not not come with memory seat buttons. This is pretty much a standard feature on cars with power seats. Also the passenger seat, which is power, doesn't have the up/down option, which my wife hates because she's short. That being said, im in love with my car, and overall very happy with my purchase. My mod plans include the HID headlights and fogs and installing a hitch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello -- I'm a new Santa Fe Limited FWD, and first time Hyundai owner. Hope I'm in the right forum as I can't find a description of all the abbreviations (LWB? - long wheel base?) and don't see a forum listed for the 6-seater. Anyway -- I've been driving my new light blue Santa Fe since the end of May and I love it. Have driven it round trip from the DC suburbs to Baton Rouge, LA and just got back from trip from DC to Dauphin Island, AL. Wonderful trip both times and absolutely no problems. My biggest complaint so far is the lack of decent cup holders for the 2nd row captains chairs -- a silly oversight for a car with plenty of room for them! (the angled holders in the lower doors are for capped bottles only and pretty useless for drive thru sodas).
We previously were solid Honda-only owners - we still have a CRV and Fit. But we wanted a bigger car for travels and the Pilot is just Ugly! I also wanted a little of the lux-factor and with this Santa Fe we got it. The thing I'm worried about is reliability -- the Honda's are top-notch with that - so moving to the Hyundai is a leap of faith. I'm interested in seeing what other owners are experiencing. One new thing that I've noticed is a little brake squeaking when moving slow (such as in a drive-thru lane). Anybody have problems with that? It is come & go and started before this last trip to Alabama. Too soon for brake probs I would hope...

·
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One new thing that I've noticed is a little brake squeaking when moving slow (such as in a drive-thru lane). Anybody have problems with that? It is come & go and started before this last trip to Alabama. Too soon for brake probs I would hope...
brake dust often causes small noises. its totally normal. also very humid nights will cause brake dust to rust up and cause grinding noises for the first few brake pedal activations in the morning.

:00000732::00000732:

·
Registered
6 Posts
brake dust often causes small noises. its totally normal. also very humid nights will cause brake dust to rust up and cause grinding noises for the first few brake pedal activations in the morning.

:00000732::00000732:

Thanks! I'll keep an ear out to see if the timing works out for the noise...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all

First time Hyundai owner here. Wife and I just sold our two cars and bought a 2013 Santa Fe Limited AWD w/ Tech package in Hampton green. I had a 2009 Camry, she a 2009 Scion Tc. We both have work vehicles, and I have a motorcycle, so we couldn't justify so many cars and decided to get a new 'Fe. Picked it up a week ago and are loving it so far.

Time to start modding it... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just traded my 08 Enclave on Monday for a Regal Red Pearl 2013 Santa Fe Limited LWB AWD. We already have a Red 2011 Sonata and my son traded his White 2011 Sonata for a 2013 Santa Fe Sport. I also bought the extended Hyundai Service Warranty extending bumper to bumper out to 10 yrs., 100k miles. Ordered Weather Tech mats, trailer hitch and Sport Wing side body moldings.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just traded my 08 Enclave on Monday for a Regal Red Pearl 2013 Santa Fe Limited LWB AWD. We already have a Red 2011 Sonata and my son traded his White 2011 Sonata for a 2013 Santa Fe Sport. I also bought the extended Hyundai Service Warranty extending bumper to bumper out to 10 yrs., 100k miles. Ordered Weather Tech mats, trailer hitch and Sport Wing side body moldings.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your color choice ;-)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi All,

Ive been a regular browser leading up to purchase and i thank you all for the info on this site!

my car is a brand new 2013 Santa Fe, Highlander (titanium silver) 2.2 Diesel model, New owner as of today.

First impressions, lots of stuff that i didn't realise when we test drove it, illuminated LED behind external door handles, and puddle lights on bottom of mirrors, Auto fold mirrors when locked.

build quality and drive is excellent, looks nice and my wife loves it!
I have already had dealer add weather shields (tinted)
bonnet protector (tinted)
floor mats all rows
Cargo liner
towbar

My plans;

swap interior lights to LED, add 20% tint to front windows, dvd headrest monitors, debadge rear tailgate, replace H sybol with flying eagle badges and shes booked for Opticoat in 2 weeks time :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Everyone. I have been lurking here for sometime, and with the these LWB Santa Fe's not being too plentiful, I thought I would join and chime in when possible...strength in numbers! We took delivery of our 2013 Santa Fe GLS AWD in Iron Frost with Gray Interior exactly 2 weeks ago today. It has the leather/tech package and roof rack crossbars. We have added black Weather Tech mats to all 3 rows and the cargo area (we are huge fans of Weather Tech). We also had an aftermarket remote starter added (that the dealer paid for after Hyundai misled us on the factory starter). I will also add a trailer hitch at some point. This is my wife's ride and so far we are enjoying it except for a mysterious flapping sound that we and the dealer haven't pinned down yet. We are first time Hyundai owners and I can't believe how refined this vehicle is, especially compared to the 2010 Ford Edge we traded in. This 3 row SUV/Crossover segment is tough to find the perfect vehicle, we also looked hard at the Traverse (too $) and the Pathfinder (trannie issues). My wife really wanted a Limited Santa Fe which the dealer could not find within a 500 mile radius in Iron Frost/Gray int. Ultimately she chose the color combo over the power hatch and push button start (those were the 2 options on the Limited that mattered most to her). With the extra $ in our pocket...we can do more with our GLS!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
new '13 lwb

Traded our '09 Limited yesterday for '13 GLS three row. So far it's everything we expected it to be, quiet, smooth and powerful. Limited was 54K trouble free except for the valve cover seal taking out the alternator. While it was towed in under the Roadside Assistance and the repair was full warranty, we got bitten while walking around the new car line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New to Forum

Greetings!!!
Proud Owner of a 2013 Becketts Black GLS LWB, w/nav. Love the car, Previous Hyundai Owner, (4), 2 Excells (back in the day) Elantra, and Tiburon.
Have tint, de-badged, added the "winged Santa Fe emblems" painted brake calipers red, just to jazz it up a bit!!!! Love the ride and features. Great leg room.
Forums are a great source of info and tips, Long Forum member (NewTiburon.com) looking forward to a lot of insight!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 190 Posts