Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought my first sante fe. Had my eye on it for a while. It has one major issue thats frustrating.

The horn honks, twice, at full alarm volume, everytime I unlock it. This is unacceptable in a neighborhood. How do i turn this off before my neighbors brick my windshield for ruining their sleep?

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure what year you have but...................

My 2017 has a small horn just for the lock signal and two up front for idiots on the road.
Hood up, left side by firewall, just unplug it.

There may be a way to program it from the steering wheel, not positive?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Checked the manual, for a 2017...........

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

This is accessed from the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bill,

If I can alter a setting without loosing the horn I'll do that, but the option to unplug the horn is very helpful. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
the option to unplug the horn is very helpful.
Just be aware that the alarm horn isn't usually just for the lock/unlock signal. It's usually the thing that makes all the noise when someone is stealing your car as well. The alarm wont be anywhere near as effective without it. Hopefully the menu option works for you.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Definitely sounds like someone swapped out the reduced volume "chime" type horn for a full volume one. THANK YOU for being considerate towards your neighbors!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is the other way. It is a tiny little beep that it makes. While this is good in my neighborhood for sure - It is frustrating when I am trying to confirm if it is locked in a crowded parking lot - I cannot hear the dang thing. lol

It must either be a setting or the dealer installed an aftermarket alarm of some sort.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Mine is the other way. It is a tiny little beep that it makes. While this is good in my neighborhood for sure - It is frustrating when I am trying to confirm if it is locked in a crowded parking lot - I cannot hear the dang thing. lol

It must either be a setting or the dealer installed an aftermarket alarm of some sort.
I can’t hear it either! I turn around and make sure the lights flash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts