Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got me some 18s :)

They are Kyowa Racing KR228
Tires are 225/40/18
No rubbing issues.

I love em....

I ended up choosing a silver finish to match the car...

Now for pics...

Also I installed the front lower bars and rear sway bar from Ultra Racing

Also, i may do a two tone but I'm undecided..
Here a photochop

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh wow, those ARE nice. :trophy: I like how they evenly fill out all of the gap you may have had in the wheel well and don't look too massive like I thought 18s would. And on an SR too, you Canadians get all the fun and I am only 30 minutes away from the border so I can look but not touch.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
do the two tone for sure just like the picture !!! Hey can you please explain how to install the sway and front lower bars? Im about to do this. Not sure where they go

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (Projekt_Accent @ Apr 12 2009, 11:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=228382
if you two tone, do the hood like you did and roof and why not the trunk??
Easy... I don't want to do the trunk. I just like the way that looks. Every time I stare at my car I see it:)! I don't see the trunk black...

QUOTE (rondy_ @ Apr 12 2009, 05:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=228471
why wouldnt you go 215/35 R18 on the tires?
I've got those.

I got both tire sizes (215 35 18 and 225 40 18) but I preferred these ones because I like the way wider tires look. Gives me the illusion of a wider and more aggressive look. Also The fender flares really add to the look.

QUOTE (DalwinCo @ Apr 12 2009, 05:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=228474
I thought those were 215/12 R18. Jkjk. Hmm. i wonder how our cars would look staggered.
Only one way to find out lol.

QUOTE (tato @ Apr 12 2009, 05:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=228478
is very nice but how the drive feels? heavy, hard???
These actually feel lighter than my 17s. (They are lighter than my other ones now that I think of it) More grip! I love them.

Thanks for the comments!

I still have to:
Install my Leather seats, install LED mirrors, Two tone (if I decide to do it).

Everything else is running great. Including the engine damper (there was some hesitation from some of you).

I have a few new performance mods under works too. (pulleys, TB work, and other stuff...) Wish me luck. Track day next weekend too :D:D:D!

N/A Power!!! Who needs turbo pfft! lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (rondy_ @ Apr 12 2009, 01:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=228330
looks very good!

The roof looks very good in black but I say leave the hood as it is.

Maybe I should go and paint the roof black too :D

I prefer the all black roof look.

I may not do the hood.

These are some pics I took 2 weeks ago. You can see the LED lighting :)!

Time to take some new pics with the new rims :)!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Something I notice about our wheels and how they fit within the wheel wells is that the front fit nicely, They sit right at the edge of the well. The rear I don't like, they sit back in the wheel well, Looks to me at least a 10mm space. I currently have 3mm spacers in there but have a set of 10mm on order to bring the rear wheel out toward the edge.

·
Banned
594 Posts
The two tone is awesome!!!! I am doing it to my car next week when we have a few days when it isnt gonna rain. I am doing the entire car. The hood, roof, and spoiler is gonna be flat black identical to the pics above but the rest of the car is gonna be a medium to dark flat blue. I will post pics next week after everything is done. And when I find a extra set of wheels im doing my 17" spokes in flat black. The car is sanded and prepped. I just need to tape off and spray and pray for no rain this weekend.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts