Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
After market wheels are famous for NOT being smooth, No matter what. Make sure after re-balance that the correct centering hub rings are installed. If necessary have the balance/Vib checked with the wheels on the car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Not Saying anything about the Manufactures, BUT, I have tried to re-balance enough wheels that had just been purchased and the selling store just told the buyer, " Thanks for the purchase, but your an owner now, and thats the best we can do for you), Even after re balancing to the highest levels possible , most wheels only mount the the hubs viva lug bolt holes and have way too much sloppy clearance to run TRUE, compared to the wheels that are made to mount and are centered to the hub by the axle machined surface, thus running true with no or very little out of round run-out, ......Ta-Da, your car now has a smooth ride.

I hate and get tired having to tell my customers you were sold junk and I can not re-manufacture your new wheels to run smooth. Most of the time you get what you pay for and re-pay to try to make it work. ( can't say right because it should have been that way in the first place). Anyone ..even China can make a sticker and slap on. Show me the performance , NOT just a high Master Card receipt. They may not net you the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.