Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer just put the new rims and tires on her this morning. It's a Limited that is now riding on 18" rims and 225 / 45 18 Yokohama Avid Envigor tires. Rims are a 10 spoke gunmetal with machined face design. So only the face of the rim is shiny the sides of the spoke and inside of the wheel along with a rim around the edge is gunmetal in color. It comes with it's own keyed lug nuts which sits recessed in the rim and not sticking out like the stock rim / lug nuts.

So far haven't noticed much difference in ride quality, you do feel more bumps but nothing major. Not sure if I'm feeling it right, but looks like it's handlng a bit better now too.

Overall like the looks, it looks better in person than in pictures. Since more brakes are visible now, think it's time to paint the calipers.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ May 25 2010, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326371
Dealer just put the new rims and tires on her this morning. It's a Limited that is now riding on 18" rims and 225 / 45 18 Yokohama Avid Envigor tires. Rims are a 10 spoke gunmetal with machined face design. So only the face of the rim is shiny the sides of the spoke and inside of the wheel along with a rim around the edge is gunmetal in color. It comes with it's own keyed lug nuts which sits recessed in the rim and not sticking out like the stock rim / lug nuts.

So far haven't noticed much difference in ride quality, you do feel more bumps but nothing major. Not sure if I'm feeling it right, but looks like it's handlng a bit better now too.

Overall like the looks, it looks better in person than in pictures. Since more brakes are visible now, think it's time to paint the calipers.
looks good!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can anyone identify the wheels in the post?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Sunspot @ Jun 26 2010, 06:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336296
Can anyone identify the wheels in the post?
They are made by Fast Wheels for Hyundai, available through Hyundai dealership parts department. These are 1 of the 4 designs available. They are made specificialy for Hyundai so they aren't listed on their site. www.fastwheels.ca Available in tire and wheel package or just wheels.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but I just noticed on your pics that you have the window vent visors? Where did you get them? I have been googling for them with no luck.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Visors are from the dealership parts department. They are the stick on style though, not inchannel.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (wacktool @ Jun 27 2010, 12:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336537
Not to hijack the thread but I just noticed on your pics that you have the window vent visors? Where did you get them? I have been googling for them with no luck.
I actually have a set I haven't put on yet...still debating....PM me if you want to take them off my hands

·
Registered
424 Posts
what is the width of wheel and offset? im assuming 18x7.5 +45 offset right ?

QUOTE (Souks @ May 25 2010, 09:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326371

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did anybody replace the GLS steel rims with alloys and reuse the original tires? Also can you reuse the TPMS sensors from the steel rim?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts