Hyundai Forums banner

861 - 865 of 865 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,232 Posts
Last night I checked the oil, I used Castrol premium full synthetic and the levels were good and it's nice and clean. I kept the hood opened and it purred like a kitten, I shifted gears with my door opened and it was nice and quiet. I closed the door and hood and I could hear the noise----You might be onto to something. When I have more time I check it a bit closer......
There is the drivers side fuse box cover behind the door when closed. Maybe not snapped all the way in.

I have so much baby crap in mine that rattles it smoothes out the car creaks and groans

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Add me to the list. I have a 2015, 67,600 miles, and I went in to dealer yesterday to have the front passenger door aligned. I mentioned that at times the engine seemed to be making a strange sound and the pick up was lacking. He said they would take it for a test ride and see if anything showed up. He returned in about 20 minutes and said the engine need to be replaced. He had to run 2 more tests and send the info to corporate, and he would know within 3 days, when they would receive the new engine. The loaner they gave me was 2020 Santa Fe fully loaded just like my 2015. I hope this all works out and I'll keep everyone advised
Is yours the 2.0T or 2.4L?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Add me to the list. I have a 2015, 67,600 miles, and I went in to dealer yesterday to have the front passenger door aligned. I mentioned that at times the engine seemed to be making a strange sound and the pick up was lacking. He said they would take it for a test ride and see if anything showed up. He returned in about 20 minutes and said the engine need to be replaced. He had to run 2 more tests and send the info to corporate, and he would know within 3 days, when they would receive the new engine. The loaner they gave me was 2020 Santa Fe fully loaded just like my 2015. I hope this all works out and I'll keep everyone advised
had you had that dumb *ss 953 update done ? It's supposed to pick up strange noises and put the engine into limp mode . I consider the 953 worthless so haven't bothered with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The dealer contacted me on Monday evening and said they received the approval to replacement the engine. I asked about the block and was told it looked like the long block I hope he was right.

861 - 865 of 865 Posts