Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called in for an oil change and to get the bracket recall fixed for Saturday and they mentioned there was another recall for something with the muffler panel? Is anyone familiar with this?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I just called in for an oil change and to get the bracket recall
Is it the 109 headliner adhesive strips install ? Been doing them for maybe 4 month now, we down to random stragglers.. maybe 1 a week now..

fixed for Saturday and they mentioned there was another recall for something with the muffler panel? Is anyone familiar with this?
We been installing the "band" kit for maybe 2yr or so now as regular TSB repair (TSB is not a recall) for noise.. Now after these last couple yr of banding most for noise concern, Hyundai took and made recall to install same band kit (modified part number) to the rest of those running around out there,, of which I think we only done a couple, as majority have already had band kit installed in the past
When you get copy of invoice, post the text from the invoice for each job.. no generaliztions of text in your own words.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think this might be the slight rattle/buzz I keep hearing. I told the service dept about it and they said it was 'normal for the type of car'. I'll bet that TSB is it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Old news there.

Here is the TSB, from 8/21/13
13-EM-001

That TSB is revision of previous edition, reflecting change of part number to current number, being same as that specified in the new recall edition (same part ans labor pay, op code changed between warranty repair and recall repair)..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I think this might be the slight rattle/buzz I keep hearing. I told the service dept about it and they said it was 'normal for the type of car'. I'll bet that TSB is it.

Say WHAAAAAAAAAT!! We have band clamped probably every UD/MD Elantra to pass through our shop.. everybody complain about buzz sound.

Your dealer live in a cave ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Say WHAAAAAAAAAT!! We have band clamped probably every UD/MD Elantra to pass through our shop.. everybody complain about buzz sound.

Maybe...but I suspect it may be that I bought the car from a competitor 20 miles away...perhaps not too interested in providing warranty work for a 'disloyal' customer. They did test drive it, I know for sure and acknowledged the noise...in fact they are the ones that identified it as a metallic 'buzz' (a better description) whereas I called it a tinny rattle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's the exact wording on the invoice:

B C/S: rattle from under car when accelerating. sounds like exhaust heat shield is rattling.
8888 INSPECTED VEHICLE FOUND THAT IT IS A NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC OF THE VEHICLE
1588 ISPL

·
Registered
343 Posts
The dealers might be lagging a bit on the recalls. A couple of weeks ago when I took my 2012 Elantra in for its 30K service, the service manager found two additional recalls on it: the aforementioned muffler bracket and an ECM reflash. (My Raven's already had the headliner bracket recall).

Surprised that the muffler bracket recall hadn't been caught before now; IIRC that one's been around longer than the thing with the headliner, and the dealer's done all servicing on the car since I bought it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes to follow up with my message. I just came back from the dealership and the second recall I got done was the muffler clamp.

·
Registered
70 Posts

I'm assuming they would have put this on the service receipt so I'm pretty sure our '12 Elantra has never had the clamp installed. It's been serviced by the dealer we purchased from since day one.

By chance could this have been installed at the factory at some point?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts