Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for all your help when it comes to solving issues on the XG300. I had three major fixes done to my car and now it rides like a new car.
Currently I am in the process of turning my XG300 into my own custom XG300LSX model(Luxury Sedan Xtreme Edition). I know that doesn't sound nice rolling off your tongue but that is what I'm calling my project.

There are major things I am looking into doing with this car. Below I will post them and what they consist of in work and cost.

1. Carputer, including a laptop base, Flux Media CENTRAFUSE as the UI.
2. Sounds system including 2 600 WATT Amps, Pioneer Speakers and Tweeters.
3. Molded Rear window spoiler
4. Turn Signals in Side Mirrors, ALL LED and custom made.
5. Spoiler from Ixion, including XG 2004-2005 Tail lights and trunk.

$150
All my Carputer logs will be put here, I am currently working with a DELL Inspiron 1520 Base w/ a Core 2 Duo Processor.
Here are the current specifications on the computer:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5 GHz Processor
RAM: 2GB of Memory Ram
HDD: 80GB HDD at 5200 RPM
Interface: Flux Media Centrafuse 3.0

I have been working on Centrafuse on getting it optimized for this system. Centrafuse is running smoothly although it does seem to lag on certain areas when playing music and using the GPS Navigation. This is probably due to the heavy graphics on centrafuse. I will try to lower them and see how it goes.

I have also decided to remove the Centrafuse logo from the middle of the interface and replace with with something a little bit more custom. Here are before and after pictures of the modification:

Before:

After:

Stay Tune for more updates!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I grabbed a new set of FORTE Rims with 225/40R18 Tires, really nice for $450 off of craigslist. I'll post a picture of them later today.

I am in the process of setting up my carputer and I have purchased a few little add-ons to get this done. So far I've purchased the following:
- Shuttle XPC SN27P2
- AMD Dual Core Processor at 2.29 GHz
- 2 Gigs of DDR2 Memory
- Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
- Centrafuse 2.0 (decided to go back to 2 after I was unhappy with 3.0)
- Laptop Slim DVD Drive

The carputer still have another $350-400 worth of components before I actually start fabricating all necessary shelves and console facias.

Wish me luck! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had my entire engine rebuilt due to some unseen damage done to the car while the first owner had it. Decided to just get it redone and experience the car at 0 miles. Engine was completely cleaned from any carbon and oil sludge!

This is what i got included with the $1700 Price!
- All new pistons
- Piston rings
- Water pump
- Oil pump
- Spark plugs
- Head gaskets
- Valve cover gaskets
- Timing chain
- Piston rods
- Power Steering Pressure Hose

I pretty much got a rocking deal here, it all includes a 1yr warranty too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I grabbed a new set of FORTE Rims with 225/40R18 Tires, really nice for $450 off of craigslist. I'll post a picture of them later today.

I am in the process of setting up my carputer and I have purchased a few little add-ons to get this done. So far I've purchased the following:
  • Shuttle XPC SN27P2
  • AMD Dual Core Processor at 2.29 GHz
  • 2 Gigs of DDR2 Memory
  • Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
  • Centrafuse 2.0 (decided to go back to 2 after I was unhappy with 3.0)
  • Laptop Slim DVD Drive
The carputer still have another $350-400 worth of components before I actually start fabricating all necessary shelves and console facias.

Wish me luck! :)
Would
Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for all your help when it comes to solving issues on the XG300. I had three major fixes done to my car and now it rides like a new car.
Currently I am in the process of turning my XG300 into my own custom XG300LSX model(Luxury Sedan Xtreme Edition). I know that doesn't sound nice rolling off your tongue but that is what I'm calling my project.

There are major things I am looking into doing with this car. Below I will post them and what they consist of in work and cost.

1. Carputer, including a laptop base, Flux Media CENTRAFUSE as the UI.
2. Sounds system including 2 600 WATT Amps, Pioneer Speakers and Tweeters.
3. Molded Rear window spoiler
4. Turn Signals in Side Mirrors, ALL LED and custom made.
5. Spoiler from Ixion, including XG 2004-2005 Tail lights and trunk.

$150
All my Carputer logs will be put here, I am currently working with a DELL Inspiron 1520 Base w/ a Core 2 Duo Processor.
Here are the current specifications on the computer:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5 GHz Processor
RAM: 2GB of Memory Ram
HDD: 80GB HDD at 5200 RPM
Interface: Flux Media Centrafuse 3.0

I have been working on Centrafuse on getting it optimized for this system. Centrafuse is running smoothly although it does seem to lag on certain areas when playing music and using the GPS Navigation. This is probably due to the heavy graphics on centrafuse. I will try to lower them and see how it goes.

I have also decided to remove the Centrafuse logo from the middle of the interface and replace with with something a little bit more custom. Here are before and after pictures of the modification:

Before:

After:

Stay Tune for more updates!!!
like to see some pictures of your upgrades

1 - 7 of 7 Posts