Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you guys know, i had a cluster swap done, and i'm satisfied with it as everything works great. i was on the kia website going through accessories that are offered for the rio, when i realized that "hey, the rio's have a very nice cluster design"

it looks to me like a direct swap, and it should be without a question.

now take a look at these two clusters that are available on the kia rios and tell me what you think. i'm actually liking their design more, especially the first pic.

new clusters are now available for our cars :banana: good luck finding them for a good price though, lol. apparently a rio cluster is around $150 in a junk yard where as you can get an accent cluster for half that price. wierd.

kia, the power to surprise LOL :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
 If they haven't thrown a wrench in the works by altering the position of the indicator lights, I bet you could just buy the whole cluster and swap cluster faces (of course that also depends on which cluster you've got. lol)  That would save you all the grief of the odometer reading issues you get when doing a flat out swap of the cluster... 

I kinda like the top one...  But the bottom one looks cool with the red LCD. (does the Rio's cluster have red backlighting now?)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Top one is nice.

Not having a temperature gauge is just not right.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ May 14 2010, 07:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322935
I kinda like the top one...  But the bottom one looks cool with the red LCD. (does the Rio's cluster have red backlighting now?)
apparently so, even a new steering wheel design, me like alot

BTW, some small search around my area revealed that for some reason only 2006 Kia rio clusters are available, which do not look nice like the 2 above. Very plain looking and not worth it, it would be a challange to find a 2008 cluster.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (mpfive @ May 14 2010, 09:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322985
apparently so, even a new steering wheel design, me like alot

BTW, some small search around my area revealed that for some reason only 2006 Kia rio clusters are available, which do not look nice like the 2 above. Very plain looking and not worth it, it would be a challange to find a 2008 cluster.

mine is better than yours :harhar:

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ May 14 2010, 09:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323015

Sex in front of your eyes...lol
I never have low oil pressure or have to check my engine during sex, Hazard lights is another story :cigareta:

The pics don't do it justice, that blue is amazing in real life.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I truely just had a gimmegasm seeing the blue! I want that in mine so bad. (mine's green) But I'm too scared to even attempt taking it apart to do an led swap....... Is it hard to do?

By the way: I agree with JVACC09. Not having a temperature guage is messed up. Glad I have one. :D

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (mpfive @ May 15 2010, 10:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323127
i never thought about this, its actually not a bad idea, what was the failure about? why didn't it work?
Im not quite sure, i believe its the polarity...when i decide to change the color it was late night i had to close everything again and i thought it would work w/o testing it...well the results are obvious :p

btw, nice sig :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts