Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm up for my 30k miles service (48 000 km, because I'm in Canada). I'm curious, though, because I've heard a few different things.

Gotta do the spark plugs. No problem. I'm probably going to go with the e3's or maybe iridium (not sure yet), but I might just go with OEM spec because I've got to stick with the service schedule to keep my warranty.

It's not listed as a required job, but I've heard that you've got to replace the wires at the same time as the plugs. Is this necessary? At 30k miles? Really? I'm doubtful that it's really actually necessary (unless I see that the wires are cracked or damaged).

What are your opinions? Did you change wires, too, or just plugs? Were the wires expensive?

jptrsn

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
If you do anything, stay away from the gimmick spark plugs.. Iridium NGK be the way to go.

Also note there is more recent PCM upgrade that came out this week to address a few issues... last latest greatest was #179, newest is #209... plug in GDS, go to ECU UPGRADE, select engine, select 209, and do the upgrade.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
209 ---- MC 1.6,, P0300, P0128, P0461 DTC LOGIC (most current update)

179 ---- 07~09 MC 1.6,,, ECM UPDATE-USA ---> most current up till Tue Oct 5

150 ---- MC P0442 AND P0461 DTC LOGIC (included to 179)

113 ---- MC 08MY P0128 AND P0300 DTC LOGIC (included to 150, then into 179)

·
Registered
177 Posts
<---- doesn't know DTC LOGIC means :blush: . Is this to help... :unsure: ...what????

Notice one stated DTC LOGIC-USA. Does that mean only in USA. ---- Canada :puzzled: ? I don't know the codes your stating P0300 ETC.

Is this a warranty thing? Labour rates are $89.95/hr here.

Should I have this done??? Car works fine. I know a lot of dumb questions.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Kayakman @ Oct 9 2010, 06:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362287
<---- doesn't know DTC LOGIC means :blush: . Is this to help... :unsure: ...what????

Notice one stated DTC LOGIC-USA. Does that mean only in USA. ---- Canada :puzzled: ? I don't know the codes your stating P0300 ETC.

Is this a warranty thing? Labour rates are $89.95/hr here.

Should I have this done??? Car works fine. I know a lot of dumb questions.
It's only an issue with cold start roughness.. that's pretty much all the ECU updates have ever been for this car.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts