Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I replied to a post on one of the forums earlier and for some reason my reply got posted twice. No problem, I thought, I'll just delete the second copy of my reply. Only I couldn't figure out how to do it. I would have thought that would be one of the options when you click "Edit"? I tried deleting all the text but it then prompts you to enter text when you try to post the empty space.

Is there a way to delete a post? Sorry if I've missed something obvious.

I'm not really lovin' this new platform, BTW.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
How to delete a post?
I am going to post then try to delete it.

No go. There is no option available to delete the post.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I'm glad it's not only me finding the changes difficult. But better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all. Wee'l get used to it with time and start enjoying the changes when we work out how to navigate it.

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,601 Posts
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations like this one. Simply report the post for assistance. If you have questions about navigation, please go to our feedback thread so we can help you.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I thought it worked the same way on the old forum. Once the post was beyond the limited time allowed to edit, you had to click the "Report" icon and ask an Admin to delete the post (Reason - duplicate entry)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought it worked the same way on the old forum. Once the post was beyond the limited time allowed to edit, you had to click the "Report" icon and ask an Admin to delete the post (Reason - duplicate entry)
Yeah, but on this new platform there isn't even a delete option within the time that your allowed to edit your posts.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Admin only deletions are normal in these forums. If someone gets mad and blasts someone they can't recant after a few minutes and get rid of the evidence, so to speak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys. I replied to a post on one of the forums earlier and for some reason my reply got posted twice. No problem, I thought, I'll just delete the second copy of my reply. Only I couldn't figure out how to do it. I would have thought that would be one of the options when you click "Edit"? I tried deleting all the text but it then prompts you to enter text when you try to post the empty space.

Is there a way to delete a post? Sorry if I've missed something obvious.

I'm not really lovin' this new platform, BTW.
Hello, I have had this problem off and on. Last week I jiggled the fan power plug that is mounted on the fan, and it started working. I need to take it apart and inspect it, but I was out of town at the time. 08 sonata

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Admin only deletions are normal in these forums. If someone gets mad and blasts someone they can't recant after a few minutes and get rid of the evidence, so to speak.
But I believe you can "edit" for a day...and change your tone! (Not that you would have that problem! :ROFLMAO:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts