Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my double din Pioneer AVH-x1500 yesterday came out awesome. Had the scosche dash kit and harness, only problem I ran in to was with my rear defroster button kept getting stuck, cause of the aftermarket dash kit, did some gentle wet sanding and took care of that problem, can't even tell I sanded a corner of it down (since in was on the inside). Very happy with it, hooked up my relay to it also, so DVDs can be played while in motion. I have the base model GLS, and there is a huge difference when it comes to loud ness and quality now with the aftermarket radio. Before it would only go up to 30 being max, now I have had it up to like 25 and it's loud as ****. I don't how loud it goes but it's perfect. The dash kit lines up perfectly with the sounding dash. Oh yeah the finish isn't the exact same (doesn't have those piano lines look to it, it's just a flat black, but it looks good) very happy with it...
Also ordered and installed the weather tech in channel rain guards for 100$ (dark smoke to match my dark tint) they look awesome low profile can't really tell they are there but I assure you they are and love them. ImageUploadedByAG Free1381947592.098508.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1381947607.427416.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1381947618.032680.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1381947630.423272.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
190 Posts
Radio looks great...I really like the fact that you keep the OEM time/temperature module because you lose it on some systems in favor of an on-screen display. But it is better to have a dedicated time/temp display.

Are you still using the OEM speakers? This might be a newbie question but how do you connect the Pioneer to the car's harness? Is it plug and play or is there a lot of splicing involved?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yes I did remove the dip from the roof this morning, I washed her and took it off, came of in a big sheet of plastic/rubber material. Thank you all for the complements. As for the question regarding the speakers, yes they are still factory for now, but I do have to say music and movies work great and the sound is great for factory, there is a huge difference (better) since the factory radio was replaced with I believe a 50 watt something or other.. As for the plug n play, I ordered the metra wiring harness and had to connect that to the back of the headunit harness then just pluged all that into the harness in the car.. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didn't get the steering wheel adapter yet, kinda expensive. But when I have the $ I plan on ordering that and the navigation adapter as well. It's nav ready.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Looks really nice! Did you mean to have the unit look inset into the kit?

Also did you experience any integration issues (steering wheel buttons, bluetooth, etc)?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, thank you. To answer your guys questions, yes I had to buy an aftermarket dash kit to get the double din head unit in. I ordered off Amazon the Scoche double din dash kit and wiring harness for about 50-60$ with free shipping. My xm was up, so I decided get the dash kit and stuff, to hook up my head unit. I had it just sitting around from my previous car(it was in my 2002 Passat loved that car. Still would of had it if it wasn't for the turbo producing oil sludge in the engine) traded it in for my 2011 Sonata GLS about 1 1/2 ago. Anyway I believe am still able to hook up the XM to it if I wanted to, but I always use Pandora, and with this headunit I was able to connect my iPhone 4 via the wall charger USB cable to the back of the headunit and play pandora along with charging my phone at the same time. (Free's up my 2 USB cigarette lighter adapter and the USB sync cable that came with the car. (Still works)
As of right now my steering wheel controls are non functional until I buy the harness something or other. The Pioneer AVH-x1500dvd is not Bluetooth capable(kinda sucks).
I am able to listen to the AM-FM radio, Pandora, watch DVD's (while driving or parked), iPod hook up, via USB charging cable and/or AUX cable. It is Nav ready, but not spending the 500$ For the add on. Not sure but I believe once I do get the CDIU cable from Pioneer my apps feature will also work, and I believe I am able to have google maps app on the unit. Gotta check the Pioneer apps app I downloaded on my iPhone. So then the Nav will be useless for me. Overall I am extremely happy with out it came out, not a hard project at all if you know what your doing. (Wiring wise) once you take the dash out once it becomes second nature. I do gotta give a shout out to ACCENTGLOW for his YouTube video on the dash removal����. Oh yeah as for the in dash recessed look of the headunit, it is flush with the upper part right under the clock. But it is angled for a better viewing experience(given the larger lip on the bottom(where the bottom of the head unit meets the dash kit.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Ahh that makes sense.

If you can mirror with your phone, why not get a GPS app for that? Then you have offline nav (Google maps and nav both req data) being piped over to the head unit. And usually the smartphone nav programs are superior to what you get with the headunit ones.

I believe there are some really nice ones for the iPhone too.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know thanks, I gotta get either the CDIU cable or something else to access the apps feature first. But I see what your saying, and yeah there are a ton of GPS apps for the iPhone, gonna take a look into the pioneer app I downloaded a little later to see what they offer app wise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did u have any problems with the scosche dash kit? I just installed the AVH-3500bhs, the one with Bluetooth. The crappy metra dash kit crutchfiekd sent was horrible. I bought the scosche brand. Much better quality, but it won't fit around the edges of my receiver. There's a lip just below face of the unit that it keeps getting held up on. I've dremoled it down a bunch, but wondering if maybe I got a bad product. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts