Hyundai Forums banner

New Parts In From Korea

9K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  Trixstar 
#1 ·
Not sure 100% what this says, but I think it says "Items in mirror are closer than they appear" both sides have writing on them, and the drivers side mirror is concave. I will try and see if the glass will swap out

The bodys are gloss, like the Korean cars are around the windows. I have some ideas, will get to that later.

Power folding anyone?

Straight off, these mirrors are not plug and play, though they do fit on the car perfect. I will be working with Shark Racing to get this working.

Also the white used in Korea is the same white in the US

See less See more
#2 ·
QUOTE (jdugan4859 @ Aug 28 2010, 04:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352492
Not sure 100% what this says, but I think it says "Items in mirror are closer than they appear" both sides have writing on them, and the drivers side mirror is concave. I will try and see if the glass will swap out

The bodys are gloss, like the Korean cars are around the windows. I have some ideas, will get to that later.

Power folding anyone?

Straight off, these mirrors are not plug and play, though they do fit on the car perfect. I will be working with Shark Racing to get this working.

Also the white used in Korea is the same white in the US

Interesting... Did you get e refund from the Ebay seller?

they look nice..

#7 ·
The Auzie guys get them as well. I do now see that the door panel will need some modification for the button to work, but it is pretty far down my list right now to get working. I was able to get the plug off my stock mirrors, just like I had to do with my tail lights for the LEDs, so I am about to try it on the new mirrors as well.

No YF meets around here that I know of, but if we get enough people I am always down for one.

#8 ·
So for the most part, this swap is going to be just like the LED taillight swap. I was able to get the connectors off of both sets of mirrors, and swap them out. I have the glass motor and the defroster working on the passanger side, and am about to work on the drivers side, but its freaking hot outside.

Here are some daylight pictures.

I am hoping Shark can find the plastic part that goes in front of the mirror, and the one on the back door. I am going to see my paint guy about changing the flat black paint out to gloss black, I like that look anyways.

#9 ·
your paint guy should be able to use a high build primer and smooth out the rough texture. then paint them normally to a smooth finish.. What do you think about painting them to match the car? Or would that be overkill white?

do the mirrors also come without the fold option? I really dont see a need for it for the wife's car.

#11 ·
QUOTE (wreckmster @ Aug 29 2010, 01:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352784
your paint guy should be able to use a high build primer and smooth out the rough texture. then paint them normally to a smooth finish.. What do you think about painting them to match the car? Or would that be overkill white?

do the mirrors also come without the fold option? I really dont see a need for it for the wife's car.
I am going to talk to him about just painting those parts. I think going body color would be to much white. I like the way it looks like a big piece of glass with the tinted windows. They do come without the power fold option, but at that point you might as well just buy the Limited ones from the dealership. I was able to get the drivers side hooked up also, its super simple.

I tried to swap the glass out, and the glass from the NA will not go into these housings. It takes some getting use to having the curve on the drivers side mirror, so if you were just going to do the turn signals, thats why I would get the Limited ones.

I got these from Shark Racing, I sent him a PM with an idea, and he worked me up a price. I think once we get it all hammered out, and can confirm the other colors, he will be listing them for regular sale. Hooking up the turn signals will not be a problem. I just want to wait a couple weeks for it to cool off, and so that I have a whole weekend to tear into the doors and run the wires I need.

#13 ·
I would think my issue with the folding mirrors would be making the interior panel look decent. I am pretty good with modding stuff, but cutting plastics really never looks real clean. That would be my only drawback. The wiring is not an issue with me. I've had alot of practice at that with my show vehicle.. LOL

And it figures our glass wouldnt work with these housings either. Was the price much more than the ebay mirrors?
Did you ever price out the Limited Mirrors? If so, how much were they?

#18 ·
FYI the optima gets a lot of options that the sonata doesnt, such as seats with two person memory, cooled seats, illuminated door sills and led tail lights

us sonatians are lucky to have gotten the panoramic sunroof for the 2012 model year... you could say we got ripped off.

#22 ·
ha ha, the sonata is better looking. but i must say, the optima sx looks pretty sexy too. i just CANT stand that interior. thats what killed it for me.

#23 ·
Did you sit in one?

I used to hate the Optima interior too, from photos. Then I sat in one at a dealer, and wow the interior is nice!!! This is coming as an owner of a fully loaded Nissan Maxima costing at least $10k more.

The Sonata interior is elegant, but the Optima interior is actually really nice, especially with the slant towards the driver.

Both cars are pretty awesome in their own ways, even in comparison to my fully loaded Maxima...

#29 ·
Side Mirror Conversion

Hey jdugan4859

I ended up getting a set of these mirrors off ebay painted in black and I have to say they are sexy. Now I took these mirrors in to a couple of auto places to see if they can swap out my old mirrors without the side indicators with these ones with the indicators however, everyone I took it into looked stumped because the connections are completely different. I have read a couple of your posts to try and get an idea on how to explain what needs to be done but I am, sadly to say, not very handy at all and it is honestly hard to find someone in Toronto, Canada who can do this job - either that or I'm not looking at the right places.

One place just took off my original mirrors and said the OEM wiring for my 2011 Sonata does not match the wiring on the side mirrors you have in this post and suggested I return the mirrors for a refund. Since I know little about cars, anyway you can give me a break down on what I would be asking a mechanic to do in simplest terms - i.e. do they have to take off the door paneling to find the right wires to make a connections to get the power options (heating and movement) as well as the side turn indicators running?

Hope not causing a headache here, but any advice or tips or anyone who knows a good shop in Toronto, Canada (lol) that can do this job please let me know. Just itching to get these mirrors up and running. Not really looking for the power folding option. Thanks in advance.

#31 ·
Hey jdugan4859

Hope not causing a headache here, but any advice or tips or anyone who knows a good shop in Toronto, Canada (lol) that can do this job please let me know. Just itching to get these mirrors up and running. Not really looking for the power folding option. Thanks in advance.
In a city like Toronto, you should be able to find a car audio shop that can do this. There just HAS to be. Sometimes I know it can be a chore hunting for reliable places. But hey, if for some reason you can't find any in your city; hop over to Michigan, DEFINITELY you'll find your shop there!

#35 ·
There is a place in Markham that can do this.. Auto links or Audio Heaven. Not too far from Toronto

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.