Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this as a reply to another owner...

Wanted the rest of you to read it too so I'm doing it again. Forgive me...I'm new here. (g)

I picked up My Tucson yesterday. GLE V6 2 WD. Obsidian Black with tinted windows. It's very nice looking, seems to drive well BUT I have reservations because of some things I read today on the Internet. The comments were not good and I sincerely hope THEY were wrong.

The weather here has been beautiful the last few days so I've had no opportunity to test it out in rain. I am accustomed to a lower riding, more "sedate" vehicle and do find it an exciting looking car that provides an entirely new driving experience for me.

Your letter has relieved some of my fears...I thank you for that !

I am noticing a very strong odor (new car smell ? or undercoating ?) Have you noticed that too ?

Wish me luck ! I hope you will drive your new Tucson many miles, many years in safety.

Best.
Patricia

·
Registered
1 Posts
[q :) uote=Patricia,Jan 9 2005, 07:28 PM]

As you know by now, the new car smell and the under coating burnoff have already happened. Hope you enjoy the new smell for many miles.

Gregg

I posted this as a reply to another owner...

Wanted the rest of you to read it too so I'm doing it again. Forgive me...I'm new here. (g)

I picked up My Tucson yesterday. GLE V6 2 WD. Obsidian Black with tinted windows. It's very nice looking, seems to drive well BUT I have reservations because of some things I read today on the Internet. The comments were not good and I sincerely hope THEY were wrong.

The weather here has been beautiful the last few days so I've had no opportunity to test it out in rain. I am accustomed to a lower riding, more "sedate" vehicle and do find it an exciting looking car that provides an entirely new driving experience for me.

Your letter has relieved some of my fears...I thank you for that !

I am noticing a very strong odor (new car smell ? or undercoating ?) Have you noticed that too ?

Wish me luck ! I hope you will drive your new Tucson many miles, many years in safety.

Best.
Patricia
[snapback]4650[/snapback]​
[/quote]

·
Registered
31 Posts
What things exactly have you read that concern you? Only bad things I have read are concerning fuel economy, performance (weight) and of course supply, and a few niggly interior fit issues

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by Patricia@Jan 9 2005, 04:28 PM
I picked up My Tucson yesterday.  GLE V6 2 WD. Obsidian Black with tinted windows. It's very nice looking, seems to drive well BUT I have reservations because of some things I read today on the Internet. The comments were not good and I sincerely hope THEY were wrong.

[snapback]4650[/snapback]​

What comments have you heard? I've been driving the Tuscon for about 2 months now and aside from the usual gripes about gas mileages and my awkward crossover from driving sports cars all my life, its has given me no problems.

About the smell, its the new coating that is sprayed on the undercarriage and on the engine to prevent corrosions before the vehicles are transferred overseas from Korea. Everyone gets it. It'll go away after a couple of days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts