Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys !

I Own a 2009 gray sonata 2.4 L .. tha car is great .. im in my second year of enjoyment, and im starting to feel that i mabe miss chosen .. i should of taken tha v6 engine !

Now Im in need of more power and i just got this ram intake today from B'n'B .. but tha problem is that if i install it .. im afraid it will void tha warranty !! What should i do ? Wait 3 and 1/2 year till warranty finishes or mod it any way ?

i fear that ram intake is not going to give me more power but onley some ear breaking sound !! what do you guys think ??

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (kenpachi @ Apr 20 2010, 01:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314833
Hey Guys !

I Own a 2009 gray sonata 2.4 L .. tha car is great .. im in my second year of enjoyment, and im starting to feel that i mabe miss chosen .. i should of taken tha v6 engine !

Now Im in need of more power and i just got this ram intake today from B'n'B .. but tha problem is that if i install it .. im afraid it will void tha warranty !! What should i do ? Wait 3 and 1/2 year till warranty finishes or mod it any way ?

i fear that ram intake is not going to give me more power but onley some ear breaking sound !! what do you guys think ??
You're right, such mods only give you a minuscule performance boost. That said, the 4cyl isn't really that anemic. Owners are
saying it has plenty enough power to merge into traffic, pass, and do anything you need to do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, such mods only give you a minuscule performance boost. That said, the 4cyl isn't really that anemic. Owners are
saying it has plenty enough power to merge into traffic, pass, and do anything you need to do.
[/quote

So basically your telling me to keep my warranty up because its not much of performance gain ... ok .. So what would you do if you where me ??

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (kenpachi @ Apr 19 2010, 11:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314833
Hey Guys !

Modding your car will not void your warranty. If the mod causes the problem then that specific problem is not covered. Its only a short ram intake put it on you will be fine. I think I have one of the most modded Sonatas out there and have had minimal problems at the dealership. Read up here. http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Tommer @ Apr 20 2010, 01:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314980
Well, if your avatar is you, I'd seek medical attention.

Exhaust upgrades are always cool. At least they sound good.
LOL .... XD .. i figured that tha pic waz good for a new bloger !! Monkey see ! monkey do ! Now every body wants a Sonata !! :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (v33sonata @ Apr 20 2010, 01:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314983
Modding your car will not void your warranty. If the mod causes the problem then that specific problem is not covered. Its only a short ram intake put it on you will be fine. I think I have one of the most modded Sonatas out there and have had minimal problems at the dealership. Read up here. http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm
Thanks !!

This has truly answered my question !! And its better than i thought it would be !

I can do my light mods and still keep my warranty be cause every one knows tha a ram intake cant possibly create damage to the car !!

did you installed one on your v6 ??

·
Registered
587 Posts
Keep in mind that Magnuson-Moss Act is for the U.S., it doesn't apply to Canada. I think a lot depends on your dealer, some will handle things differently than others. For the most part I'm sure they would be reasonable. If you put an intake on your car and you have a problem with the power window on your rear door they will fix it under warranty. If you blow the engine you may have a fight on your hands.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (rallyman @ Apr 20 2010, 10:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314996
Keep in mind that Magnuson-Moss Act is for the U.S., it doesn't apply to Canada. I think a lot depends on your dealer, some will handle things differently than others. For the most part I'm sure they would be reasonable. If you put an intake on your car and you have a problem with the power window on your rear door they will fix it under warranty. If you blow the engine you may have a fight on your hands.

Ooops, I did not realize he was in Canada. If you have any engine problems you can always take it off and put the stock one back on before taking it to the dealership.... :whistling:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (rallyman @ Apr 20 2010, 01:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314996

Oh ! in Maguuson-moss its saying cwote (online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide.) so i thought that it was usful 4 me 2 .. :( .. **** ... il try to dig some canadian info lol ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (Cowsride @ Apr 21 2010, 12:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315166
Where'd you order the intake?
Link?

They are so rare for this model .... but if you want a cold air intake u will need to customize it your self heres links to short ram intakes that i found hope it will be useful to you ... thank me later !

www.andysautosport.com and or www.globalautoshop.com and all in tha Usa !!

You luky guys lol

* If any body gets a better item Please send me your link !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (v33sonata @ Apr 20 2010, 01:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314983
You were right !! the Magnuson-moss apply even here in Canada !! (not the same law but mostly the same) Thanks again !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (kenpachi @ Apr 20 2010, 02:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314833
Hey Guys !

I'm getting a nice sound out of ram intake but not much power gain due to hot air under bonnet area .. i really miss chosen should of took a v6 .... warranty will not drop unless they prove that engine failure has occurred because of your current mods .. could i fit some fast road cams and port the head and change the valves spring and valves and have bigger ports ... to increase potential of small 2.4 added to new headers and low restriction exhaust ??? and 4 how much .. maybe 2 expensive and i would be better off to change it for a v6 engine in stead of trying to change tha hole engine head !? ( but will it fit whit 5 speed manual trany ?) ... any expert on tha subject ??

·
Banned
873 Posts
QUOTE (kenpachi @ Apr 27 2010, 04:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317205
I'm getting a nice sound out of ram intake but not much power gain due to hot air under bonnet area .. i really miss chosen should of took a v6 .... warranty will not drop unless they prove that engine failure has occurred because of your current mods .. could i fit some fast road cams and port the head and change the valves spring and valves and have bigger ports ... to increase potential of small 2.4 added to new headers and low restriction exhaust ??? and 4 how much .. maybe 2 expensive and i would be better off to change it for a v6 engine in stead of trying to change tha hole engine head !? ( but will it fit whit 5 speed manual trany ?) ... any expert on tha subject ??
heres the questions.. why did you choose a sonata in the first place? LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Apr 27 2010, 01:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317334
heres the questions.. why did you choose a sonata in the first place? LOL
Because she was tha nicest of her category on tha inside and waz spacious too ( mi 6 foot 2 .. 230 pounds ) ... and had a good over all ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts