Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new here, and I'm new to Hyundais, so I've got a couple of basic questions. I bought a new-to-me 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited this weekend with 8300 miles on it.

1. The seats are gray, and the carpet is a fairly dark gray. It didn't come with factory floor mats, which drives me crazy. I'd like order some new factory original mats, but I want to make sure I get the right ones. The options are Gray, Beige, and Black. I'm not sure if gray means light gray or dark gray. If it's dark gray, I'm sure that is what I need. If it's light gray, then I'm guessing black is what I need. The mats that were in there were just cheap generic mats that were black, and those are definitely darker than the carpet. Any help is appreciated.
  2. On the center console, there is a hole near the shifter for the shifter lock release. Should there be a plastic trim piece in there to cover the hole? I would think there is a cover that is supposed to fit here, but I'm not sure.
  3. Is there a way to pause a CD? It seems incredible to me that you can't but if you can, I don't see the button. I don't have the nav unit, just the multi-cd radio.

Thanks again for taking the time on these beginner questions.

I should add, these are the floor mats I was thinking of ordering: Floor Mats. If anyone knows of a better source, that would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
QUOTE (codejockey @ Apr 20 2010, 08:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314878
Thank you for the reply. Thats what I thought. I'll have to go to the dealer and get that little plug for the shiftlock release. Mine doesn't have that cap in there.

Suggestions:

For Question 1: Go with weathertech floor liners. These things are great and easy to clean. Well worth the price and you don't have to worry about them getting jamed up on a pedal. Their site always has deals.

Question 2: Already answered

Question 3: You have 2 options press the MUTE button next to the scan or you can just tap the power button to turn it off and it will come back to the right place in the song.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well all, thanks again for all the helpful info. I ended up going to the dealer and purchased that missing plug (for lack of a better word) that covers the hole in the shiftlock release. It was in the warehouse and will be in today, so I'll pick it up at lunch. While I was there, I asked about floormats, and they had 1 set left in stock, and they were on sale. I picked them up for 92.00 + tax. They look fantastic. I usually do buy weathertech mats for all of my vehicles during the winter, but truthfully, I hate those things except when the weather is nasty outside, so I wanted nice, carpeted ones for spring / summer / fall.

I also got it tinted yesterday, and it looks fantastic.

Ricer, i love the wood trim on your shift knob. Mine is much darker (nearly black). Did yours come stock that way, or is it an aftermarket kit? I'd love to replace my wood trim w/ the lighter colored stuff.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
QUOTE (codejockey @ Apr 21 2010, 09:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315263
Ricer, i love the wood trim on your shift knob. Mine is much darker (nearly black). Did yours come stock that way, or is it an aftermarket kit? I'd love to replace my wood trim w/ the lighter colored stuff.
That pic is not actually of my car, but its practically the same as mine. It does come with wood trim like that for the limited. I think that the dark wood knob comes with the silver trim on some of the GLS/SE models. I think you could get the light wood knob at the dealer or try to find it online somewhere, but yeah, it is an OEM part.

Just saw that yours is a limited as well... is the rest of your trim silver or is it the dark wood?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (riceR @ Apr 21 2010, 10:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315288
That pic is not actually of my car, but its practically the same as mine. It does come with wood trim like that for the limited. I think that the dark wood knob comes with the silver trim on some of the GLS/SE models. I think you could get the light wood knob at the dealer or try to find it online somewhere, but yeah, it is an OEM part.

Just saw that yours is a limited as well... is the rest of your trim silver or is it the dark wood?
It is all a dark wood grain finish. I'll take a pic at lunch and post it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts