Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my car on a rainy Sunday after dropping off my Mercedes C250 coupe lease that finally ended on same day. Hyundai dealer came and picked me up so I could get my car :)
Took the 8 year Platinum Plus warranty too after negotiating it down to $1800 including taxes in Canadian, financing over 6 years at 1.99%, total payments $503cdn/month. Gratefully took the 90 days no payments promo as I also paid for 7 years replacement insurance.

By the way, 16" Mazda 3 wheels (from salvage yard, plastidipped the centercaps black for now) fit perfectly with 205/55/16 tires on our GTs. The brake calipers barely clear but nothing rubbing and looks better than steelies. Got a set of lug nuts from amazon, seems to be good fit so far: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5PUY4Y

Non-tech package version but I like the standard rear camera, Android Auto, heated steering wheel, blind spot monitors (seems delayed though as I wait till car passes me before signalling to change lanes and it still beeps).

Would love proper screen mirroring for music videos without replacing the deck. I had the PAC video in-motion in my previous car for that and my burned music DVD's, enjoyed that. Anyone find a solution for video mirroring yet?

Can't believe the center console is so tiny with the electronic parking brake though! Otherwise, a great feeling so far and looking forward to revving past 3k once break-in is finished.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow! Congrats Ray and welcome to the family! Thanks for sharing your story, there seems to be only few of us 2018 EGT owners around so its always nice to see another member join the club

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It rains all the **** time in Vancouver. I find the rear backup camera's lens angle/position makes it really susceptible to water smearing and getting dirty, making me have to wipe it often and not being able to rely on it for parking. Anyone have a good solution dealing with rain/winter salt etc on the lens?

I'm gonna try some RainX or wax later to see if it helps. I have a backup camera on my Sienna too and I only have to occasionally wipe it off.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I picked up my car on a rainy Sunday after dropping off my Mercedes C250 coupe lease that finally ended on same day. Hyundai dealer came and picked me up so I could get my car :)
Took the 8 year Platinum Plus warranty too after negotiating it down to $1800 including taxes in Canadian, financing over 6 years at 1.99%, total payments $503cdn/month. Gratefully took the 90 days no payments promo as I also paid for 7 years replacement insurance.

By the way, 16" Mazda 3 wheels (from salvage yard, plastidipped the centercaps black for now) fit perfectly with 205/55/16 tires on our GTs. The brake calipers barely clear but nothing rubbing and looks better than steelies. Got a set of lug nuts from amazon, seems to be good fit so far: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5PUY4Y

Non-tech package version but I like the standard rear camera, Android Auto, heated steering wheel, blind spot monitors (seems delayed though as I wait till car passes me before signalling to change lanes and it still beeps).

Would love proper screen mirroring for music videos without replacing the deck. I had the PAC video in-motion in my previous car for that and my burned music DVD's, enjoyed that. Anyone find a solution for video mirroring yet?

Can't believe the center console is so tiny with the electronic parking brake though! Otherwise, a great feeling so far and looking forward to revving past 3k once break-in is finished.
- SUNDAY? Dealerships are open on Sunday in BC?
- Why 'finally'?
- Why are those nut lugs so special? I bought nut lug covers form aliexpress.
- With all those extra insurances, etc. did you figure out how much this car will cost you? It looks like you want to keep it since you paid for 8 years extra warranty.
503/month comes to 36K which is price for Sport Utimate with all possible toys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
- Yep, usually reduced hours 12pm-5pm on Sundays.
- Finally, since I had the car ordered in since mid-November but waited for lease return and if there were going to be any better promotions (dealer protected the Nov finance/lease rates for me)
- Just regular replacement lug nuts that fit the Mazda3 alloy wheels I'm using for winter. I noticed on my previous lease the lug nuts looked worn after 4 years of swapping seasonal wheels.
- Yea, total cost will be 36k, which includes the financing interest charges of 1.99% over 72 months. The Sport Ultimate would be 38k with financing interest which isn't shown on Hyundai website numbers. In BC it would be about $38,443 after financing assuming you negotiated off all other documentation and bs fees from the dealership. For me, the only thing I would have possibly wanted from Ultimate would have been the ventilated seats - don't care about the stereo or the additional safety stuff.

- SUNDAY? Dealerships are open on Sunday in BC?
- Why 'finally'?
- Why are those nut lugs so special? I bought nut lug covers form aliexpress.
- With all those extra insurances, etc. did you figure out how much this car will cost you? It looks like you want to keep it since you paid for 8 years extra warranty.
503/month comes to 36K which is price for Sport Utimate with all possible toys.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I thought 'finally' was related to Mercedes... 'Finally got rid of that ^%&* car'...
BTW, it is kind of big drop from über MB to Hyundai... Care to elaborate?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts