Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just became the owner of a 2008 Veracruz by accident. (y) Long story, wont bother you with details.

It is a SE model with AWD. Except for the washer pump and the rear wiper (it does make a clicking sound though), everything works. Drives beautiful, no issues whatsoever. 2 owner vehicle, clear title, not fleet or rental. From a construction supervisor, had almost all maintenance done, all by Hyundai dealership.

I already own a Hyundai (Sonata NF, the best, way over 200,000 miles, no issues). So I do not need another car.

What I am asking myself is : Keep it or sell it? What do you think? I have a Instant Cash Offer from Kelley Blue Book for $2,500. Should I sell the Sonata and keep this one? (I do not like this idea, the Sonata is pretty much perfect). :unsure:

Car is silver with black interior, about 208,000 miles, no leaks or sweats. I had all the fluids and filter (where applicable) changed (synthetic) and had all the main brake parts replaced with new ones (rotors/pads/hardware). Has a bit of sign of wear on the interior (like light scratches on the display and buttons). No visible rust on the outside, all doors and hatch are clean as a whistle. Will need new tires soon, it is the SE model which has 18" tires (on OEM factory 5-spoke wheels).

I would be interest in your thoughts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Easy answer is sell it if you can recoup what you have put into it...You do not NEED another vehicle so why keep it? With that said, if it is cost efficient to keep, why not keep it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input.

CHOxxx: There is nothing cost efficient about a car, so that can not be the reason. You seem to have it narrowed down, since I can sell it right away for more than I paid (and obviously do not need it), let's just do that.

GRCxxx: You couldn't even it you tried it.

Well, I checked, on my way to the KBB center there is a Carmax. Might give it a try, might get a bit more out of it.

Just thought I check as someone might be looking for such a car, people in forums often appear to care more about them that a dealer for whom it is simply an investment. Am not interested in 'making money' of it. As said, was not even planning on getting it.

Thanks all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts