Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just purchased a 2011 Sonata GLS with the popular option a few days ago, and so far I love it. I'm still in the "getting use to" mode. I am very impressed with how comfortable the car is. I got the Iridescent Silver Blue Pearl with grey/black interior. I do have a question. Has anyone had pinstriping done? I'm considering getting it done, but would appreciate any input. I don't want to regret it. The car is absolutely gorgeous as is, and I can't believe the attention the car is drawing. I'm so glad I bought this color, and car.

·
1,914 Posts
:00000732: to the forums and congrats on the purchase.

Excellent choice in color! I work at a dealership and we add pintstripping to our cars. The Sonata is one car I think looks better without it. I decided not to put it on mine and if I do, it will be a painted pinstripe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome! I purchased my car through a family member that manages one of the Hyundai dealerships. I got a great deal, or at least I think I did. I am paying $260 a month with no money down. My lease was up on a Mercury Milan which was a nice car, but we all know whats happening with Mercury so I wasn't going to go there. As far as the color goes, I just chose the color from the website, and by the pictures posted here. So far two people have stopped me at a light, and told me that this was the color they wanted, but its not easy to come by. I was also surprised at the article I read about the Sonata, and how much they loved the car, but that the Silver Blue was not the best color for the car. Are they nuts?

Also, regarding the pinstriping. The family member who sold me the car has a friend that does the pinstriping at all the dealerships around. It would be hand painted. The more I look at the car, the more I'm doubting whether or not to get it done. Do you know what colors pinstriping would look the best on the Silver Blue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts