Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I was scrolling thru the mapnsoft forums and one of the posts had a reply from a moderator stating new update mid November. So be on the look out next month!

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited 1.6T
42 Posts
Are there any leaks on what it will have?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Guessing because many people were upset that there wasn't a good description of the changes made in the last 2 updates which replaced the 3 panel home screen on the nav unit that a lot of people loved. The radio interface went from bad to worse as well. Once you update, there is no going back and you can't just update the map file (at least no one has successfully so far). Hyundai / Mapnsoft update the files every 6 months so this shouldn't be any news to us at this time. Expect updates roughly in Nov/March going forward. Mapnsoft does list what is in the updates, here is the latest April 2021 link below, but I am not sure if that description was available when people first started to download it. Others reported errors with HDA following the update but that was a limited group, like 2-3 people I think, in a few geographic areas so not sure if it was really an update that caused those problems.
Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

·
Premium Member
'21 Limited, "18 Limited, "15 Limited
514 Posts
Unless I can see and/or read EXACTLY what will change in the update, I too will pass. I will continue to pass until they get rid of that awful radio display/interface and return to the tri screen. As far as outdated map info, I can use waze or google maps via android auto.

Also, the map info/details about new updates seem to be explained more and with greater detail than what changes are made to the user interface/infotainment system. That portion of the update seems to be lacking in detail and that most definitely is a problem. That's how so many people ended up losing the tri-screen (there just was not enough info/examples of what would change after the update).

Only way to really find out what all the changes are is when someone on the forum completes the update and then provide information and screen shots of what changed. Why Hyundai does not do a better job at informing all of us what to expect with the changes to the infotainment system with each update is beyond me.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N Line… for 9 days till DCT took a dump, now 2022 Sonata N Line
76 Posts
Guessing because many people were upset that there wasn't a good description of the changes made in the last 2 updates which replaced the 3 panel home screen on the nav unit that a lot of people loved.
Got it. Well while I have not seen what replaced the tri-screen, I liked that, and so I infer the 2022 I'm picking up tomorrow built 3 weeks ago will have something different, hopefully I don't mind it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Got it. Well while I have not seen what replaced the tri-screen, I liked that, and so I infer the 2022 I'm picking up tomorrow built 3 weeks ago will have something different, hopefully I don't mind it.
Possibly not. I saw a recent review or picture from a dealer website that I am pretty sure was a 2022 and thought it still had the old version showing in photos. For those of us that did the update, even mine that was built in January '21 didn't have the November '20 update installed so when I did the April '21 update. I actually had to do both updates, which it did automatically. I tried to kill it once it started the 2nd round only to find out a week or two later that I actually interrupted the 2nd install but the system was smart enough to just pick up where it left off, had no issues with it when I stuck the USB stick back in. There are a few fairly lengthy posts on this if you want more details as to what the update did to the UI.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
815 Posts
Possibly not. I saw a recent review or picture from a dealer website that I am pretty sure was a 2022 and thought it still had the old version showing in photos. For those of us that did the update, even mine that was built in January '21 didn't have the November '20 update installed so when I did the April '21 update. I actually had to do both updates, which it did automatically. I tried to kill it once it started the 2nd round only to find out a week or two later that I actually interrupted the 2nd install but the system was smart enough to just pick up where it left off, had no issues with it when I stuck the USB stick back in. There are a few fairly lengthy posts on this if you want more details as to what the update did to the UI.
Correct,

The head units are built separately and then installed later on. The firmware is loaded when they are built and tested. It seems that the factory (assembler) finds it easier to install a tried and true firmware version on the head units than the latest version. Possibly something to do with automated testing? Most people with at least 21's, including myself, had to do the two updates as the original software was at least 2 releases back.

@Nittowinit Please take a look at your radio screen on your new car. Let us know if it has the Nixie tube display. Also look at the firmware numbers under the Vehicle settings. I'd be curious what Hyundai is loading in September builds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Let us know if it has the Nixie tube display. Also look at the firmware numbers under the Vehicle settings. I'd be curious what Hyundai is loading in September builds.
I can see from the online pics it has the tube display for XM, oh well, I liked the 3 screens. I'll be able to check the firmware tomorrow when I pick it up. Beginning to think I won't care much, been looking at other cars all day, doubt I'll keep it for long.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well, if it does have the Nixie display then it won't hurt any to update it to April if you don't have it already loaded as mostly map and interface(options) enhancements.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, if it does have the Nixie display then it won't hurt any to update it to April if you don't have it already loaded as mostly map and interface(options) enhancements.
Isn't the April update what turned off the tri-view? I would think Sep. 24 production would have an April HU?

·
Registered
815 Posts
No, I was last November update that turned it off and added the Nixie tube display. Let's see just what yours come in with. It would be nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys so I was scrolling thru the mapnsoft forums and one of the posts had a reply from a moderator stating new update mid November. So be on the look out next month!
Kind of related but kind of not - I am in a 2021 BMW X3 loaner atm (my x5 needed some recall work) and they way they have implemented wireless android auto and their digital gauge cluster has me filled to the brim with envy.....

The wireless android auto covers the entire wide screen. Has the map on the left and the media playing on the right. The digital gauge cluster AND OTD utilizes google maps or waze to show nav. The OTD shows all media even media within android auto/spotify. It is super impressive and makes me dislike Hyundai's lack luster implementation even more.
Speedometer Gauge Vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kind of related but kind of not - I am in a 2021 BMW X3 loaner atm (my x5 needed some recall work) and they way they have implemented wireless android auto and their digital gauge cluster has me filled to the brim with envy.....

The wireless android auto covers the entire wide screen. Has the map on the left and the media playing on the right. The digital gauge cluster AND OTD utilizes google maps or waze to show nav. The OTD shows all media even media within android auto/spotify. It is super impressive and makes me dislike Hyundai's lack luster implementation even more. View attachment 463420
Plant Car Gps navigation device Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts