Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too was referring to the current Outback which I had several test weekends in preparation for replacing my earlier model and also go by practical measure of the boot space - the current (now old) Santa Fe is bigger in every direction.
I double checked the UK Subaru website, Outback length is 4775mm vs Santa Fe's 4686mm.
I did notice UK Outback has lower ground clearance 200mm vs US Outback's 221mm.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I double checked the UK Subaru website, Outback length is 4775mm vs Santa Fe's 4686mm.
I did notice UK Outback has lower ground clearance 200mm vs US Outback's 221mm.
I was referring to internal dimensions - the Outback has a big front overhang and poor approach angle to allow room for a H6 engine in front of the axle.

For the UK, both Outback and Santa Fe currently have 200mm ground clearance - I believe US models of both are more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think if anything, the Turbo will be a more responsive, quicker SUV than the current V6. Virtually the same HP but significantly less weight. Granted you cannot beat the smooth power curve of a V6 with a turbo, but it would be very un-Hyundai to go backwards(unlike Subaru(Bring back the BL!!)).

·
Registered
11 Posts
The same 2.0L turbo has been on Genesis, Sonata, Kia Sportage and Optima, so far I have heard mostly good thing on it. It has very high compression ratio which I guess that's the reason its horsepower beats Ford's Ecoboost 2.0L, but the gas mileage isn't that great.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The earlier Genesis coupes had a different 2.0L turbo.
The 2012 1/2 has switched to newer engine. My Optima turbo (same engine) gets 24 mpg mixed and 30 highway. Have had two tanks over 35 mpg
on long all highway runs. Very happy with the power and economy:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The earlier Genesis coupes had a different 2.0L turbo.
The 2012 1/2 has switched to newer engine. My Optima turbo (same engine) gets 24 mpg mixed and 30 highway. Have had two tanks over 35 mpg
on long all highway runs. Very happy with the power and economy:)
I'm guessing the new Santa Fe Sport weighs a bit more than the Optima so it might not achieve those numbers. But with the hp of that turbo, 23 or 24 mpg overall isn't too bad. I live in Colorado so I'm probably looking to get AWD as well which will further ding the mileage. If the turbo AWD can actually get closer to 24 or 25 mixed mpg, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Expect the turbo's MPG to be especially sensitive to driving style: Fairly good when off the boost, V8-thirsty when on.
I read a blog citing an expected mpg of 22/31 for the AWD Turbo. I can't find the **** link now but will post if I come across it again.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I called my dealer today, I'm on the preorder list for the 2013 and they've already given me #'s on my trade in 2011 Sonata.
The new body style sold me AND the 2.0T motor.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I called my dealer today, I'm on the preorder list for the 2013 and they've already given me #'s on my trade in 2011 Sonata.
The new body style sold me AND the 2.0T motor.
Did they give you an estimated delivery date?

I'm looking to replace my 2006 Sonata LX. The 2013 Santa Fe Sport, with 2.0T, is tops on my short list. I'm very anxious to see, sit in one, and test drive one. Looks like a good match for me.
John

·
Registered
52 Posts
dw0095 Santa Fe Sport will begin arriving in the US late August/early September. The Long Wheel Base Santa Fe will begin arriving in January/February. Production was supposed to begin in June for Santa Fe Sports to be exported to other markets, and US production is supposed to begin in July. I bet these will be in very high demand. I hope I can hold out to compare the Santa Fe Sport, and the Long Wheel Base side by side.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts