Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by Munn@Sep 23 2004, 05:57 AM
Can anybody please provide feedback on the new model Terrecan 3.5 V6 4x4.
[snapback]1303[/snapback]​

G'Day
I've owned the Terracan for just over a year, I go off road a fair bit, camping and 4 wheel driving. I upgraded the suspension with an after market package and put proper off road tyres on. This made a big difference to the car off road. On road the car is great for touring, very quiet and enjoyable to drive, but being a 4x4 is heavy on the petrol. No problems with the car over 18,000Kms. Hope this helps.

Carmo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by carmo@Oct 21 2004, 11:37 PM
G'Day
I've owned the Terracan for just over a year, I go off road a fair bit, camping and 4 wheel driving. I upgraded the suspension with an after market package and put proper off road tyres on. This made a big difference to the car off road. On road the car is great for touring, very quiet and enjoyable to drive, but being a 4x4 is heavy on the petrol. No problems with the car over 18,000Kms. Hope this helps.

Carmo
[snapback]1895[/snapback]​

Hi I own a Terracan also. I haven't done much off road driving as yet, but hope to do so in the near future. I have always owned Holdens and must say was a big move for me to change to Hyundai. I have no regrets. The Terracan handles very well and tows with very little effort. I own an 18 foot caravan. I agree it is a little thirsty on the fuel, but I guess what 4WD isn't. What type of suspension did you have put onto the Terracan? I was hoping to upgrade mine but am not quite sure what to put on. Do you have any photos of the Terracan?

Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by verzin@Oct 26 2004, 03:06 AM
Hi I own a Terracan also.  I haven't done much off road driving as yet, but hope to do so in the near future.  I have always owned Holdens and must say was a big move for me to change to Hyundai.  I have no regrets.  The Terracan handles very well and tows with very little effort.  I own an 18 foot caravan.  I agree it is a little thirsty on the fuel, but I guess what 4WD isn't.  What type of suspension did you have put onto the Terracan?  I was hoping to upgrade mine but am not quite sure what to put on.  Do you have any photos of the Terracan?

Ray
[snapback]2027[/snapback]​

Hi Ray,
Sorry for the delay in replying, been away 4wd. I went to TJM's in Sydney and they recommended their XGS series 2000 shockies with a set of heavy duty coils for the back (I tow a camper trailer) and a 40mm suspension lift, all up cost around $800. I managed a 15% discount and they gave me an extra discount on the shockies. The car tows our camper very well and the suspension upgrade has made a big difference offroad. I also upgraded the tyres at the same time to an All Terrain Goodyear Wrangler. If you plan to go offroad, I believe the original tyres are a real liability. I also found changing to Hyundai difficult but have found the car to be excellent. I do a lot of camping and have joined our local 4wd club and so far the Terracan goes where all the other 4x4's go. I have a lot of photos of my car offroad and I would be happy to email. You can email me direct at [email protected] as I don't check this forum very often.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts