Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum and I am a proud owner of two Hyundai Vehicles. I choose Hyundai for their value proposition and their 10yr/100,000 mile warranty plus the low cost extended 10yr/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranties. My original Fleet was a 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited and a 2014 Elantra GT with Tech Package. Because we live in the Midwest and have to deal with winter driving I decided to trade in my mint 2014 Elantra GT on a Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.4L with option group 03 for the wife to use for her winter commutes. We just got past the first snowfall here and we were pleasantly impressed with the AWD traction of the vehicle.

One thing I have to note is the 2.4L. Everywhere you read it is faulted for being under powered and a slug. Compared to my 4.7L 4x4 Jeep Grand Cherokee yea it is not anywhere as near as fast but it does okay for what it is and compared to the 2.0L Turbo I test drove I felt that for my needs and my wifes that the 2.4L is fine.

After 7 months of driving I normally drive it in standard mode and will revert to ECO mode if cruising down the freeway somewhere and not in stop and go traffic.With the 2.4L it gets the job done and although not a performance machine it is fun to drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts