Hyundai Forums banner

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jdgorsky 
#1 ·
Hi forum members,
just purchased my 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T on 1/31/14
its the White Pearl Coat w/ Saddle Brown Leather interior.
have few miles on it so far , love the Turbo!
I hope i will have great luck & satisfaction with my decision on purchasing.

>just installed a rear Trailer Hitch
> was wondering , there is so much Plastic on the front bumper housing assembly,found very Little Metal cross braces behind the facia's,
i want to make a front rack to attach to the metal brace that is fairly flat with a U lip at the rear side of it… is there a trick or exploded view of removing front housing to get to this metal lateral brace?

RichD

#4 ·
Are talking about making a type bull bar for across the front?

BTW ..... :00000732: ..... to the forum, now adjust the headrest and kick that turbo in ..... :3gears:

#5 ·
Hi jd, not a bull bar , that won't work for me , but i make my own front rack made with aircraft aluminum for a front rack for my recreation sport of Hang Gliding
I have to span out a total of 20 ft ( the length of my Hang glider in its bag ) from the top roof racks ( that are only 3 1/2 ft apart and build a front rack and rear one onto the rear trailer Hitch.
Yesterday i went to Hyundai and they gave me an Exploded view of all the front facia assy. and explained what i need to take off…..and told me to disconnect the batty terminals so as not to have any airbag deploy problems.:)

#6 ·
Hi jd, not a bull bar , that won't work for me , but i make my own front rack made with aircraft aluminum for a front rack for my recreation sport of Hang Gliding
I have to span out a total of 20 ft ( the length of my Hang glider in its bag ) from the top roof racks ( that are only 3 1/2 ft apart and build a front rack and rear one onto the rear trailer Hitch.
Yesterday i went to Hyundai and they gave me an Exploded view of all the front facia assy. and explained what i need to take off…..and told me to disconnect the batty terminals so as not to have any airbag deploy problems.:)
That could have been an expensive lessen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.