Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been driving Hondas since 1984 but cannot afford new ones.They don't offer deals like Hyundai. Seriously looking at 2013 Sonata SE but worried about the huge low profile tires esp. in the winter up here in Canada. Are there any other sizes that would fit?

·
Registered
941 Posts
You can pick up a set of 16" wheels in either alloy or steel (base GLS comes with steelies) and put whatever tires you want on them. Forum members here who have swapped out their wheels will often have their old ones for sale, or you can check local junkyards.
Tire Rack can sell you a complete set of winter tires already mounted on wheels and balanced, ready to go.
Whatever you do be sure to either swap the TPMS sensors or get new ones so you aren't staring at the light all winter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the Hyundai way of thinking Samandlillie. :)

This is my first one also...was a Chevy/VW guy for long time.
Couldn't be happier with my Sonata.

You're concern is the 18" wheels I suppose.
I have my winter tires mounted on the stock 18" rims - while in the summer I have 19" wheels and tires.
As mentioned above you could alternatively just look for a set of smaller Sonata or Elantra wheels and put some winter rubber on them.

I've had the snow tires on my 18's for two years now, I'm not sure what the exact concern you have is about them - but it hasn't been an issue for me.

Incidentally, you should wait for the 2014's to come out - you're so close.
They will have not only heated but cooled front seat (wish mine did) - which if you have ever had them you know how awesome they are.......if you haven't then well - you don't know yet is all. ;)
I know....we live in Canada where heated seats is wonderful for over half the year. However cooled would be amazing for a couple of months in the summer. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts