Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, new to forums, do read them for info.Living in Ireland and this is my first Hyundai, a Santa Fe, and I do like it. 2013, 2.2 diesel. Previous had a Kia Sportage 2.00 diesel, liked that a lot, but found the newer model lower and less head room, the new Santa Fe very roomy and bit like my previous earlier Kia.
My dislike and reason for browsing/joining this forum is the high beam main light. I have mentioned it to my dealer, several times, someone may have a solution.
I find the new beam, not sure what type, latest model in Ireland, is very bright and wonderful at a certain distance and road type, very defined area. I find I have 2 beams not very wide that project a bit over the dip beam, which because of its lens gives a good spread of light and clearly cuts off a distance in front of my vehicle. Because I have 2 bright compact beams there are dark areas of little light outside of these beams,to the Left, Right and Center. They don't merge as in my previous Kia, now 8 years old, where the whole road lit up, very pleasant for night driving in the rural country.
Would appreciate any useful suggestion, Thanks, David.

·
2,258 Posts
:00000732::00000732::00000732:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Welcome...

Welcome!!!:00000732:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the welcome, Nice smilies....,
To be fair to the dealer, it was checked against a new model, , and they are all the same; they lifted the beam a little with adjustment under the bonnet.
Maybe I am just picky and spoilt by previous better lights. I had expect better for the price paid and the more recent model build. I will just have to live with it.
If it were possible to have driving LED spots in the grill without upsetting its nice clean lines, that would be a great solution.
Thanks for listening, David.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I have factory HID's on mine and these are by far the best headlights that I have ever had. They light up everything left, right, centre. Is there a difference if you turn the fog lights on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts