Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Have a question regarding my 2012 Elantra. Has anyone else had this problem with the rear window ledge beaching sticky? We have never put anything on this black ledge but it almost feels like it is melting. Nothing has spilled back there. We live in Florida where it is very hot. Anyone have any ideas or is this a defect that should be covered under the warrantee?

Moosie1

·
22,793 Posts
Welcome! Yes, there have been some reported issues with this on a limited number of posts but it has been some time since I've seen any new posts. My suggestion is to use the search feature using key words like "rear deck" or "sticky," etc.

I honestly can't remember what the fix answer or root cause was. I do recall one dealer replacing one for the sticky residue. One forum member cleaned his off with a solution of soap and water. Another bought a roll of carpeting and cut it to fit over the area...but this was more to reduce the rear glare from the glass rather than to mask the stickiness, if any.

Speculation was the protective film used in transporting these from the supplier to the factory. Think "stacked" for ease in shipping. Possibly some residue or tackiness remained when that protective barrier was peeled off prior to assembly.

Anyway, try the search. Don't get too wound up over it being there...it's not a game changer and can probably be removed with a gentle wipe down with a mild soapy solution (try Dawn dish soap).

Enjoy your E! Let us know how you remedied the situation. And welcome, again, Moosie. (I'm curious how you arrived by that name, LOL)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts