Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son works at Malloy Hyundai in Woodbridge, VA. He is an admirable young man and a good salesman. He's worked there a bit over two years. Two years ago I purchased a used CR-V from a dealer not far from him. I explained that as a Honda aficionado I had to get a backup Honda to my Pilot. I regretted purchasing the CR-V after-wards because I felt I should have given my boy a shot. I just wasn't keen on being a Hyundai owner.

Fast forward to 2010 and I sold my Pilot and was thinking of what to get. I don't know why I was so hard on Hyundais because I was stationed in South Korea and witnessed the quality of these vehicles but I guess it was the Honda mystique. Anyway my son got my wife and I the best deal on a 2011 Sonata SE. I was really moved by the inherent quality and substantial feel. The seats does leave something to be desired, at least the cloth portion but the design is excellent.

I liked the Sonata so much we traded in the CR-V and got a 2010 Sante Fe SE. Both vehicles exude quality and I am over the stigma of looking down on Hyundais for the last 20 years. Boy! I am happy.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi Buddy,
Is your son Reggie? I went to Malloy last week just to say hi to Reggie who sold me my 2011 Sonata and he mentioned that his Dad bought the "Purple" SE, I assume that is you. Anyway, I think I got a good deal from Malloy and your son is a nice young man who knows his product pretty well! I have bought many a new car and when I know more about the product than the salesman, I usually walk away. Not in this case, he knew a good deal about the new Sonata!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts