Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I have been a Hyundai owner since December 2007, when I purchased a 2007 Santa Fe Limited 3 row. Pleased with car's overall competence and its steadily improving fuel economy. Not too happy about the numerous recalls or the Dealer Service inspection system, but except for the common fuel level sensor problem, a very reliable, balanced vehicle.
In May I purchased a 2013 Elantra GLS w/preferred package. Just passed 5K after a rushed trip to South Carolina and back. Extremely happy with overall balance: decent performance and comfort, lots of room, and outstanding fuel economy. Most of the trip was on I 81 battling hills and semi's and observed mpg was 38-41.
I have been impressed by the focus, clarity, and politeness on this forum, and I pledge to honor these traditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been impressed by the focus, clarity, and politeness on this forum, and I pledge to honor these traditions.
Let's test this theory. Start a thread on when to change your car's synthetic oil... :D JK

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tawni

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's test this theory. Start a thread on when to change your car's synthetic oil... :D JK

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tawni
True, but will still be more polite than android apple fights.

I will start, though. I have a cousin who is head of production at one of the largest oil filter companies in the world. His opinion is that the minimum interval for any oil change of a consumer vehicle is 5K miles. He has little to say about synthetics, but he is a Russian born engineer, so he is somewhat jaundiced about oil change OCD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts