Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

my name is nazik and I am from Unites arab emirates, I have been around the forums for sometime and finally i deceided to join...

i have the new tucson 2010, I bought it 1 month ago and the car milage is 3000 km. the car is fine and I love it very much, great look, good value for price and too many options, also I love the stability of the car in the highway....but I recently had a problem with my car and tried to look for a similiar problem in the internet but could not find one, my problem is that when I put the car in "R" or "D" and I start moving the car slowly and then I use the brake for multiple times , the brakes seems to jam and does not respond properly and becoms so hard to push but when i start moving things becomes fine.......did any one face the same problem?????????????????????????

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums nizak :00000732:

it sounds like you may have a problem with your brake servo and/or the vacuum pipe leading to it. if you keep applying the brakes while the engine is only turning over slowly you are using up all the air in the servo and the engine is not replacing it quick enough.

your car is under warranty so get it back to your dealer to get it checked out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Montego @ Jun 14 2010, 02:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332682
welcome to the forums nizak :00000732:

it sounds like you may have a problem with your brake servo and/or the vacuum pipe leading to it. if you keep applying the brakes while the engine is only turning over slowly you are using up all the air in the servo and the engine is not replacing it quick enough.

your car is under warranty so get it back to your dealer to get it checked out

I checked it today and I think there is no problem with my car :grin:
I tried similiar 2 tucson 2010 and I found the same result, it seems that I was not using the brakes properly by keeping my foot off and on the brakes in a short time
and this way I was using all the air..I think i deserve this :wallbash: :grin:
but one final question: is it normal that the servo is not replacing the air quick enough????? I now know that there is no problem with my brakes but the question is still valid.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
A 4cyl engine at low speed is not creating a lot of vacuum, which is what powers your power brakes. By repeatedly and quickly applying the brakes at low speed, you are using up vacuum faster than the engine can replace it. There are other cars out there that will do the same thing.

A friend had a beautiful 1970 Mustang 428 Cobra Jet with a perfomance modified engine (like it really needed help!). When sitting in traffic he would lose the power assist on the brakes. Finally had to add a small 12V vacuum pump to maintain vacuum in low speed stop and go conditions.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (Starbird @ Jun 23 2010, 10:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335697
A 4cyl engine at low speed is not creating a lot of vacuum, which is what powers your power brakes. By repeatedly and quickly applying the brakes at low speed, you are using up vacuum faster than the engine can replace it. There are other cars out there that will do the same thing.

A friend had a beautiful 1970 Mustang 428 Cobra Jet with a perfomance modified engine (like it really needed help!). When sitting in traffic he would lose the power assist on the brakes. Finally had to add a small 12V vacuum pump to maintain vacuum in low speed stop and go conditions.
This is true, and comes with putting a high performance camshaft in, with extra overlap. I had that experience myself with a 1975 Chevy Monza 4spd 262 V8 with a wornout flat cam, I put in a new 327/350hp cam, I would occasionally lose some brake vacuum at idle, but it was worth it to hear that lumpy idle, & get 7k rpm with only a 2bbl carb, instead of the stock 4k rpm limit. It was a sleeper for what it was, but only started to pull strongest at 3k-7k rpm,,,lol :grin: It actually sounded like a mini corvette,,,lol

Which brings me to another good point, being the motorhead I am, I looked under the hood of my 2010 Tuc, & noticed that the vacuum line to the power brakes has an extra hose attached to it going into the air filter intake line??? :puzzled:
It appears that the brake vacuum line is open to the atmospheric pressure through this air filter intake line. I never saw anything like this before? Take a look for yourself! I'm wondering if this is part of that Dam PZEV system? (The only way you can get these vehicles up here in the Northeast), stealing 8hp due to this crap! What it's not clean enough already as it is? They gotta put this unwanted crap on too!!!
I wonder if this has something to do with losing brake vacuum occasionally?,,, Hmmm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts