Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, bought a 2011 sonata SE a couple weeks ago, trying to add a couple things to it and just have a couple questions.

Was looking at the type 2 LED taillights on the shark website ( haha can't think of the name off the top of my head)are those plug and play? I read they are used on the "top of the line " Korean model and was unsure if the plugs would work together.

Also my car is the pearl white color JR I believe, I am wanting to get the Mobis splash guards but they don't have that color code listed, they have white (nw) and a white crystal. Does anybody kniw if those colors are close to matching at all?

Thanks a lot.

Really enjoying the car. Bought it a couple weeks ago, has 17k miles, seems pretty loaded, has navigation, sunroof.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome to the forum and pleased you like the Sonata.

The Mobis painted splash guards are nice and are decent price with free shipping. I doubt if the paint will be an exact match in either white color listed. I believe white would be the best choice. My opinion. As an example I purchased mirrors with Y5 paint and it was nearly the same as the US silver. Just a shade lighter but not off enough to repaint. FYI pearl whites are difficult to match as they are a 3 coat process, base, a hi-lighter coat, and the clear coat. Regular auto paint has the base and the clear coat.

The tail lights are nice but they are not plug and run. You have to rewire to adapt to the US sockets. Also the US Sonata does not have lighted inner tail lights. You will have to wire up the inner lights from the auto harness. On US Sonata's the backup lights are wired but not the red part of the inner light.

There are prior posts regarding wiring up the lights. Exledshop.com has some good information on their site regarding wiring up tail-lights and they sell them. Good luck.

Bob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I figured the splash guards wouldn't match perfect, and since they are on the bottom I'm sure it won't bother me to much is they aren't perfect. Ill probably pass with the tail lights then. I have some LED bulbs ill put in there and maybe down the road purchase some nicer ones.
It's my wife's car so I don't want to do to much, I will be very excited when these Hancook tires need replacing, I had them on my work car (chevy aveo) and they were loud and miserable on that car too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another couple more questions. I have the Hyper silver wheels on my car, the newer fords also have a similar color wheel and they had issue with them at first with them chipping and bubbling really bad, especially around the lug wholes. Do these wheels have any problems like that. I washed my car and noticed a few thin spots on a couple of them. Also there are a few curb rashes from the previous owner. Does anybody know of a close color to cover up to prevent chipping from taking place.

Same for the body paint, who do you guys get paint chip repair pens or markers through?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts