Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the forum and not familiar with it.
Just acquired my first Hyundai. It is a 2005 Tucson GLS Sport. A genuine puddle hopper! Looking forward to networking with other Tucson owners.
My first question is info about replacement seats. Mine is the Sport model with thin leather(like) seats that are cracking badly. I want to find (from salvage yard or elsewhere) cloth seats to replace them. However, wrecked 05-09 Tucsons are had to come by. Does anyone know if other Hyundai platforms used the same seats (i.e. Santa Fe, Elantra, etc.)?
Thanks for your help and imput.

·
Banned
532 Posts
:00000732:
.......... To the forum, can't help you with the Tucson issue but others will.

:shades: You're not related to the Oldfarts in Georgia are you?

jd

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2007 and the driver's seat is "slashed" so I will be looking at repairing/replacing it. Haven't tried the wreckers yet but I'll come back and post what I find. When I bought a car once with a ripped seat I got a guy to replace that panel for $160. Came round and did it in my garage! There are companies that do this for used car dealers and that's how I found him. Going to be trying this in the next week or so.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you considered seat covers? There are several companies that make custom fitted ones.
Haven't used them personally but know of friends who swear by them...... www.rufftuff.com.

Judging by the stitching and pattern matching at the seams I've seen they're spot on for quality but alas, I'm no expert on seat covers and don't pretend to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts