Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
No not yet. Weather is starting to break so I'll be doing a ton of advanced Hyundai videos soon. Scanner danner on YouTube shows you how to test coils. Realnfixesrealfast is another one.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
NGK. Come pregapped. Put electric dialect grease on the tops. Makes coils last longer.put aliitle antiseize on threads. Help later to remove them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
NGK. Come pregapped. Put electric dialect grease on the tops. Makes coils last longer.put aliitle antiseize on threads. Help later to remove them.
I will replace the current plugs with "NGK Nickel Spark Plug (BKR5ES-11) - Pregap (.044)". Does antiseize required for a new Spark plugs?
By top, do you mean Ceramic insulator and Terminal Nut?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The part that the coil sits on gets the electric grease. Ngk says thrir spark plugs come with a coating baked on and if you remove them the coating breaks preventing the spark plugs from seizing in the aluminum block. I would still put a tiny bit on them. Torque setting is important. Make sure engine is cold before removing them. Wd40 spray down the plug holes will help. Undo 1/4 turn retighten. Repeat tell you work the old plugs out so you do not strip them. Tape socket to extension bar and use spark plug socket with the rubber in it. Alway hand thread plugs in before using a ratchet. 19 foot pounds of torque. Good luck. Maybe treat the wire harness as covered in the defective wire harness video

·
Registered
13 Posts
The part that the coil sits on gets the electric grease. Ngk says thrir spark plugs come with a coating baked on and if you remove them the coating breaks preventing the spark plugs from seizing in the aluminum block. I would still put a tiny bit on them. Torque setting is important. Make sure engine is cold before removing them. Wd40 spray down the plug holes will help. Undo 1/4 turn retighten. Repeat tell you work the old plugs out so you do not strip them. Tape socket to extension bar and use spark plug socket with the rubber in it. Alway hand thread plugs in before using a ratchet. 19 foot pounds of torque. Good luck. Maybe treat the wire harness as covered in the defective wire harness video
I opened the engine cover yesterday to checked Spark Plugs but I did not have socket to open the plugs. So I just took photographs of ignition coils. By seeing the coils, I am not able to identify if any coil is damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Today, I have changed all 4 spark plug. Now, if I will face the misfire issue. I will swap the coil to check if it is coil issue or something else.

Attached are pictures of old spark plugs. All spark plug looks good except one, which I took from the first cylinder(considering left as 1). Also attached are tools used to change the spark plug just for others reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
No problem. The one plug looks that stands out I would watch that cylinder. Notice the top tip is brown.. This cylinder's coil could be your misfire problem or the plug in that cylinder itself. While your waiting I would order a Bluetooth elm adapter for 20 bucks and use torque lite or pro software to pull the codes.
I think torque is only supported on android smart phones. If you can find the P code a misfire caused by a coil can be easily found by the cylinder swap test. 3 of the 4 plugs look good. Just that one looks bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No problem. The one plug looks that stands out I would watch that cylinder. Notice the top tip is brown.. This cylinder's coil could be your misfire problem or the plug in that cylinder itself. While your waiting I would order a Bluetooth elm adapter for 20 bucks and use torque lite or pro software to pull the codes.
I think torque is only supported on android smart phones. If you can find the P code a misfire caused by a coil can be easily found by the cylinder swap test. 3 of the 4 plugs look good. Just that one looks bad.
Yes, That's very first cylinder. I will swap the coil if CEL is again ON and code represents the same cylinder just to confirm coil is bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I recorded the timing belt job this was my first timing belt I've ever done. Just make sure you have the tools shown in the 3 part series or don't try. As for the coverage this video covers 2007-2011 all versions of the Hyundai accent 1.6l engine only. Does not cover
Diesel engines.
Thank You IKB for posting those videos. I watched them a couple times and will do in next few weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
plsssss my Hyundai accent won't start but will crank, thou the brain box as been worked on at time it start and it won't start at times, pls any solution to dis?

41 - 60 of 102 Posts