Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just released part 6 window washer series for 3 door models. I take time in this video to teach how this circuit works in real time. Any requests please post them here and I will add them to my list. I have 7 unedited video to still post......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bougth my first car ever. And just because my job is too far. A 06 sedan with 76000km (around 47200 miles). I will use it everyday around 200km (120 miles). I bougth it because I was in a hurry (I start the job on january) and it was a statistically a good choice (I did my research). I was pointing to a toyota, honda or hyundai and i found this.

I guess that I will need some help, since I'm an engineer and my father thougt me to love cars (he is a mechanician) and I want to take care of him as I take care of my bycicle. That means, I want to keep it in a good shape while is in my possession.
I already bougth an OBD reader on e-bay :) I'm looking forward to test it...

That's all that i can say... thanks! and sorry the bad english!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is a timing belt video for the 2008 Accent in the near future?
Is it beyond the average DIY guy?
When I recorded the timing belt job this was my first timing belt I've ever done. Just make sure you have the tools shown in the 3 part series or don't try. As for the coverage this video covers 2007-2011 all versions of the Hyundai accent 1.6l engine only. Does not cover
Diesel engines.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i own MC 2008 with no temperature gauge (only blue/red lights)
my friend have the same model and now he rebuilding his engine cause when he on the highway the last drop of coolant leaked from a crack in thermostat housing the red light didn't work and alert him
so i think the ects sensor feel only coolant temperature if there isn't coolant no alert light or temperature gauge will work

is there any ideas for alert us when there isn't coolant in car

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Could pull out the sensor and test it with a blow dryer. If there is no coolant hitting the sensor because the level is below the sensor you will not get any reading. This is exactly how my 2007 Peterbilt is. You have less than a 5 sec window to view the coolant warning before you go past the sensor level and it appears normal again even though the level is empty. Did he not see coolant smoke burning hitting the hot engine as a warning? Or even a sweet smell in the cab? I suggest users check there fluids every week as a good practice. Do it when you get fuel. Pop the hook and check the simple things like coolant level, oil level, power steering and brake fluid levels. When a car gets older this is a good practice.

Check the coolant overflow tank by the way..... The level should ber between the cold and hot marks when cold. Raise to the hot mark when hot. coolant expands as it gets hot. Loosing coolant can come from a faulty radiator cap spring.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Another thing is to get a coolant pressure test done after replacement of the thermostat gasket. Use this test to hold the equivalent of the number on the radiator cap to check for any smaller leaks. The gauge should hold pressure and not loose any over 5 min. Some guys leave the tester on for an hour. Pop the cap with the same tester to test the spring tension. Like I said a faulty cap will lead to the coolant coming out the overflow tank and leaking on the highway as it bubbles over if the cap does not function properly. Also a sign of a low coolant level is no heat inside your car or LOW heat. Low heat can happen if the coolant was neglected and caused the heater core inside your care (Passenger side) under the dash to clog. Coolant system is pressurized and if the system looses pressure at any point the car may be inducted to air bubbles trapped in the coolant and then could cause an engine overheat and then a failed head gasket. I'm sure you already checked out my coolant flush video. Make sure the air is evacuated from the system especially if you changed the gasket on the thermostat. As for the idiot lights in the car you can take the dash off and test the lights away from the sensor. Let me pull the wire diagrams for you for the 08 model. Thanks for having your car info in members info. This helps me out find the correct info.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok if the LED is soldiered you have 2 options to test this circuit. Back probe M09-3 connector at pin 2. Start car, let it heat up. Monitor the voltage at this pin. If you have voltage at this pin then continue. If the LED is soldered in you can remove it by removing the solder exchanging the led. The trick to testing this LED for correct function is the resister. If you not handy with testing electronics I suggest a pro do this. If this were me I would de solder the led. Find a matching resister to test the led function on a remote power source. If the led worked I would test the resistance drop across the resister inline in the circuit. If that tested correct according to the color bands on the resister telling me the correct ohms I would use a variable resister in place of the coolant temp sensor going to the dash to adjust the 5v reference voltage to see if I could get the MICOM circuit to active the low and high led warming manually. Aside from that if the led checked out most users would order a new dash panel or get one from the junk yard.

·
Registered
108 Posts
its all fine and i want a avoid what happened to my friend and i check all things before driving
i want to know is there a method that tell me the engine heat is up-normal when coolant leaked during my drive

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
best check is a quick look at the coolant overflow tank. If it's empty pop the raf cap off. The overflow tank should never be empty. Start checking for leaks if it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2009 hyundai Accent GLS

Hi,

I stay in US Mid-west and own a 2009 hyundai Accent GLS car (36,600) miles. From last a few days, experiencing jerks(may be due to misfire) while driving. Engine light was ON but now it is OFF.

I am planning to change the the ignition coil (if required), Spark plugs, and plug wire by myself? Could you please suggest things to remember while changing these?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Did you read check engine codes with a scan tool? I need to know if misfire which cylinder....then I can help u

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you read check engine codes with a scan tool? I need to know if misfire which cylinder....then I can help u
No I don't have code. I went to Auto Part shop to get the code but they told me, scan tool will not give/show any code as CEL is OFF.

when CEL was on, I took my car to Car service center; they told me it is on due to misfire and all 4 plugs (Autolite Double Spark Plug APP3923 ) and one ignition coil (Ignition Coil 26407 ) need to be changed, which will cost around $430.00 (includes labor). In quote, they have also mentioned around $65.00 for engine performance. I will check with them, if they can share the code.

But, after checking your videos on youtube, It seems easy and I can do it myself. So, thinking of replacing the spark plugs and ignition coil (if required).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please advise what should I do now. I am not driving the car these days just to avoid any further damage. It may damage the catalytic converter if it is not fixed.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Buy 4 spark plugs as shown in video. And get 1 coil. The reason I need to know is if cylinder 1 is at fault you swap coils and if the misfire follows the cylinder then you swap the defective coil. A flashing check engine light is mostly coil related. Do damage cat you would have to have a constant cell and a rich or lean code. Unburnt fuel in the cat can ruin the cat. Spark plugs are cheap. Do not replace the wire harness. Buy a coil and keep a socket in car. If you misfire and cell light comes on you can buy for 20 bucks a Bluetooth adapter and use torque pro or light to read the code. The last digit on the misfire code will say pxxx1 xxx2 ect. Think its 10 mm socket . The best way to test coil is to hook an scope up to it and watch the amp spike. A good coil should peek on a snap throotle then drop . a bad coil will not peek and sometimes the drop off is rough. For diy guys have the coil ready. Heat can cause coil to fail but may be fine in the morning. Take the coils out and visually inspect them. You can with thick gloves put one coil out while car is running. Place end near engine block and look for spark. Look for sparks coming out the side wall of the tube. It should only come out the end. Test all 4 and observe the distance of the spark on each. Take 4 plugs out and look at the condition of the plugs. Make a note if one looks different than the others. The differenr one could be affected by the bad coil. Do a balance test. Run engine and pull out one coil at a time. Listen for engine idle roughness. If 3 produce the same roughness and one stands out then this could help finding the bad coil. Hyundai has a parts department and you have the right to purchase these parts yourself. I just bought a oem thermostat and OEM rad cap and had cap for 63 bucks;)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Forget the engine performance option its a waste of money. The coil I'm guessing 120bucks and plugs 20-30 bucks. Lol

21 - 40 of 101 Posts