Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would share this. If you own a 2007-2009 hyundai accent and want to learn how to step by step perform a 1234 service for parts only and save the labor goto youtube and type my user name gereral1. I used the oem service tech manual to take you through the steps that hyundai dealership techs would do to fix your car. I show size bolts to all torque settings and procedures.Timing belt. sparkplugs. air filter. fuel air filter. coolant and transmission flush. front and rear brake service. in cab filter. blower motor replacement. coil and spark plug wire replacement. how to jack the car up. tire rotation and more. no cost free. Giving power back to the customer. Up to the task you can save some green;)
name is ken aka jackofalltrades youtube name gereral1 maybe the admins might sticky this. shame if they dont

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry. I only cover 07-08-09 . my service tech manual stops at 09. The 11 uses a diffent engine design. Also the transmission uses belts inside it instead of gears. You can get the way info off service tech website but your going to have to pay 20 for 1 week or 300 for the year. You can print every section out like I did so 20 will get you the whole manual. Just make sure you goto DTC and download that stuff as well. As for brakes, filters I think they are close to the same.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your lazy like me here's the link. I plan on covering these topic in the near future:

Evap system
Coolant system testing
All the sensors testing via computer to each sensors
All the grounds throughout the car
Starter system
Heater core and dash removal step by step
Charging system
Shocks and struts
Brake flush
Ac system
Fuel system testing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMgD5qzBUZ-7Ytzx1wUhKQQ

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome to the forums :00000732:

moved to the Accent forum
Thank you for sticky this info. I use to think of cars as complex until I started to learn how easy they are to fix if you have the correct info. Especially the standard services the dealership does. I'm in the process of saving for a scope. When I get the 4 channel one I can go into more advanced tutorials. Right how I have dvom, scan tool for obd2 codes and all the tools needed to do my own services from my home garage. I stumbled onto this site a year ago and never though of sharing my videos. I didn't want to spam someone else's site but since this is a hyundai forum I thought for newbees the step by step videos can take even a notice and get them on the road to diy. Also my wife thought the dealer was taking owners to the bank. She agreed the investment in the tools was well worth it in the long run. I started off recording video on my cell phone then purchased a Sony HD camcorder. I just purchased a canon T3i, 2 tripods and plan to do multi angle live recordings.I will be applying this new advanced editing with a new interface and intro title as seen in my widow washer series. These videos are easy to watch but take hrs to edit. The timing belt series took me 18 hrs to record and edit. The alt ac power steering series took 12 hrs. 30 hrs just for that. I am looking forward to covering this whole vehicle. So much to cover. The great thing about some of these videos is they can cover across many Hyundai vehicles.
You have a great site and I've enjoyed reading the articles on here and the members posts. Is there a way I can receive auto notifications if someone posts a question on a post here. I have unlimited cell plan across n.america and canada so I'm always with reach any day. So if I can help out answer a question they can post here and my email will alert me ( if this site supports this) and I'll answer their replies. If its a torque setting, filter, compression spec, you name it I will be glad to look it up and give the user the correct into. The manual is 1 gig so if its a spec question I'll answer these on Fri night- Sunday night each week. The rest of the week I'm out on the highway driving my 18wheeler.

Once again this for a great forum!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I figured out how to get notifications. If anybody wants a hmaservice question answered please private message me the link to your post in this forum and I'll visit your post and reply in public that way everyone benefits from your question the answers. Also it will prevent me from getting the same requests repeated so they can refer to this forum and search before private messaging me a question.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
been there

every one iv watch every one of his vid on the accent you cant go wrong he has the best vid iv seen on showing how to .:00000732:
Thought i would share this. If you own a 2007-2009 hyundai accent and want to learn how to step by step perform a 1234 service for parts only and save the labor goto youtube and type my user name gereral1. I used the oem service tech manual to take you through the steps that hyundai dealership techs would do to fix your car. I show size bolts to all torque settings and procedures.Timing belt. sparkplugs. air filter. fuel air filter. coolant and transmission flush. front and rear brake service. in cab filter. blower motor replacement. coil and spark plug wire replacement. how to jack the car up. tire rotation and more. no cost free. Giving power back to the customer. Up to the task you can save some green;)
name is ken aka jackofalltrades youtube name gereral1 maybe the admins might sticky this. shame if they dont

·
22,777 Posts
Nice of you, Ken! :00000732: Welcome to the forums, if I haven't already done so.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome. I placed a link on my you tube channel to get users to come here for answers to their car questions.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For anyone interested, I have a PDF of the full OEM 2007 Accent shop manual. It appears to have been compiled from the Hyundai tech site, and I remember "finding" this file shortly after public access ended. It's served me well.

Lets see if I can host this from my Dropbox: (If not working, PM me for a direct link).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl1tvuyp9jt1s8c/Accent_2007.pdf
That's some of the manual. The one I've got is 1.2gig in size. But this manual I cannot share online. You can subscribe to Hyundai for 20 bucks a week or 300 dollars a year and save the site offline so once the 1 weeks is up you will have the info for life. Thks for the post.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did not see dtc or etm chapters. These are detailed info on body electrical and advanced info on p codes for obd2 and manifacture codes

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Window washer series new upload. Check out my site in my signature to watch the videos. Have problems with your hyundai washer multiswitch? Learn how to troubleshoot yourself. Enjoy and dont forget to subscribe. Peace......

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
About this Discussion
100 Replies
29 Participants
Bessmisla
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing