Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. Was just looking on the MnSoft website and see a banner saying that No updates are currently available, revisit us on March 12 for new update..

Version 12..

Regards,

:nerd:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Has anyone bought a GPS card from E-bay and had it work and update the map ? ? Many of the sellers have 100% fine status.

Can you get an updated one from these people and update your map ? ?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I just chatted with the Hyundai GPS software people. If you drive in NJ this may be important to you. I just took a ride on Rt 295 and saw new signs. As of Jan 2018 they are changing the exit numbers on Rt 295 / I95. In short, they finally, after some 25 years, completed I95 in NJ. Here is the state web page to describe it.

http://ww w.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/roads/I95-295/

According to MapnSoft, they checked their "simulation" and the exit number have not been updated yet. It seems they didn't know about this switch. So I will assume their directions for I95 have not changed to the new bridge that was finally put up. So if you are from Jersey, check out that page and if you were interested in updating, see if you should wait until next year (or update) for a correct map.

I remember that Rt 78 in PA had the exit numbers changed some 15+ years ago. They have added "Old Exit #" signs for these Rt 295 / I95, as shown in the pictures they have at the bottom of that state page.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi all.. Was just looking on the MnSoft website and see a banner saying that No updates are currently available, revisit us on March 12 for new update..

Version 12..

Regards,

On their website you can see the differences between the latest version and V12. They've added about 11K streets and some other stuff.

The actual cost of the update without an SD card is $169 and if you want it to be sent to you on an SD card add another $50. I just don't think there is enough upgrades in this version to warrant $219. May see what the next version has or use Maps in Car Play.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I added some information about the update fro 2017 I bought and most likely this year's update in the Sonada All Hybrids group. I updated my map in my 2016 HSH to the Aug, 2017 Ver 10.47 and was directed to the wrong town. It seems the new version will check if there are multiple area codes in a town and if there are duplicate names (Main St. was my problem) when you input the road, you can get a list of street addresses and their zip code. You then have to choose what zip code is correct to find your destination. Choosing the wrong one will put you into a different town.

Many towns have multiple zip codes as some streets of that town are in different zip codes. So even if you live in a certain town, sometimes you zip code is for a different town. I checked this problem with my wife's older GPS version. With her version Bethlehem, PA will come up and the GPS found the single Main St. in that town. I believe my original version of my 2016 GPS did the same. It seem there are a few streets in Bethlehem, PA that are attached to two other zip codes. Those two other zip codes in nearby towns happen to have a Main St., the street I was searching for. That is where the problem arises.

So this new version will list the street numbers with their corresponding zip code as address choices. You would think the top address listed would be Bethlehem, PA. It is not. So the GPS directed us to this baron street with the same address in the next town. So a warning, if you see street numbers listed with with 5 digit zip codes next to them. Choose wisely !

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts