Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed these headlights from Selma Auto.

YF Sonata 10 13 LED Head Lights Head Lamp Black | eBay

They gave me a great deal of about $230 for the pair.

Install only took me 1 hour start to finish. The issue I had was getting the bumper clips off. But once I got part done, it
was a breeze. These headlights are plug and play.

Here are the LED's when on. It's hard to see in the day, but there is also an LED ring around low beam headlights. I'll post more pics tonight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0b21xze2cdfcll/20140121_083020.jpg

I have not installed the HID conversion kit yet so my headlights don't match the LED's yet . I have the kit, I'm just waiting for the harness with the fuse.

These were completely plug and play except for the LED ring around the low beam. You will need to connect to a ground and powered ignition wire for
them to power on.

It literally took me 1 hour start to finish. Easy Breezy

·
Registered
699 Posts
Your headlights look good and were purchased at a decent price. A couple questions regarding the new lights. I looked at the web site and the information for the low and high beam lights ID was not given. What size bulbs are used? Are they the same as stock Sonata bulbs? Its great they are prewired for the US Sonata. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow this link to what the lights look like.

New LED Headlights installed

I got the lights for $220 shipped and the Xentec HID conversion kit for $50 shipped.

So $270 installed with LED and HID lights.

One caveat. I got the 6000k HID lights, but I'm thinking of going with 5000k. They are a little more blue
than the LED strip.

But overall, it's a badass setup for $270. I see people paying $500 just for headlights.

Thanks Jayosee and Selma Auto

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your headlights look good and were purchased at a decent price. A couple questions regarding the new lights. I looked at the web site and the information for the low and high beam lights ID was not given. What size bulbs are used? Are they the same as stock Sonata bulbs? Its great they are prewired for the US Sonata. Thanks for sharing.

They are stock size H7 bulbs

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i talked to selma.. they did tell you about the issue they were having with those lights.. the shell right.. I hope so

Bob they are both H7, only the signal light is diff (2357)
He did tell me. He gave me $30 off. If there is a problem, you just need to use the headlight renewal kit. Not a big deal for me. It's hit or miss on the problem anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yea he told me about the coating the manufacturers used was whack.. he even showed me a few pics that the owner put on his car

i was going to buy it myself, but ill wait until summer, i just got another 12" of snow dumping atm.. these projects need to wait

but i also remember he said, if you know how to add clear coats and prep it, its a easy fix

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
the pictures on the ebay listing look like the LED's have a 8000k look of a blueish white look....but yet the headlights installed on this thread picture and the one in the other thread, look like a 5000k pure white? i'm anal about lighting/leds/hids and would want something to match close to my hid's and fogs up front to be around 6000k-6500k....

·
22,788 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
the pictures on the ebay listing look like the LED's have a 8000k look of a blueish white look....but yet the headlights installed on this thread picture and the one in the other thread, look like a 5000k pure white? i'm anal about lighting/leds/hids and would want something to match close to my hid's and fogs up front to be around 6000k-6500k....
It is not an exact match to a 6000K HID, but it isnt bad. Even in this picture, the 6000K "looks" like it has more of a blue tint, but that is just the lens reflection itself giving off that appearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Like the headlights Jay!

Kind of jealous as the ones I want are much more expensive (they are the Hybrid style ones).

I run 5K bulbs in my headlights right now and they are too blue. When the start up they are actually blue-green.

4300 K is the "white" headlight color that you are thinking of. IMHO I think they are too bright for the OEM housing. Yours may do better if it has a true HID projector lens.

·
Registered
330 Posts
V e r y nice, this could be an easy sell to the boss (wife).

Jay, you should sell you photos to Selma Auto Parts, your photos of their lights blows their photos away.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
2.0 터보;1935377 said:
V e r y nice, this could be an easy sell to the boss (wife).
Hope it goes well in your situation. Whenever I bring stuff like this up to Mama, I get shot down WWII dogfight style!!

But the Terrain just got a new roof cargo system...funny how that didn't have to go to committee!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree. I went with 6k bulbs and they are a little more blue the the LED strip lights are. I think those are 5k or 4300k or whatever that is. I am thinking of getting the 5k lights to try and match the LED better.

I wish I knew for sure that they were 5k or not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts