Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my original keyfob (4 button (3 button in front, 1 at the back)) died and I am now using my spare original key fob. I intent to get a replacement keyfob and keep my spare original key fog.

Instead of me going to the dealer and purchase a brand new OEM key FOB and programming it, I wanted to take an economical alternative, thus, I found a Dorman 99104 Keyless Entry Remote.

Before I jump into the pool about this, I have some questions in mind and perhaps anyone who have experience about this can help me out.

Will the same product keep the same functionality of my spare original key fob ?
Did anyone encountered any issues along the way while programming ?

I have a 2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS without the push button start.

Your educated inputs will be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
One of my original keyfob (4 button (3 button in front, 1 at the back)) died and I am now using my spare original key fob. I intent to get a replacement keyfob and keep my spare original key fog.

Instead of me going to the dealer and purchase a brand new OEM key FOB and programming it, I wanted to take an economical alternative, thus, I found a Dorman 99104 Keyless Entry Remote.

Before I jump into the pool about this, I have some questions in mind and perhaps anyone who have experience about this can help me out.

Will the same product keep the same functionality of my spare original key fob ?
Did anyone encountered any issues along the way while programming ?

I have a 2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS without the push button start.

Your educated inputs will be appreciated.

Thank you
There are places that do the key fobs other than the dealer. Go to AZ and see if they will allow you to test it before purchase or refund if it don't. Should be able to do it in the parking lot with out much trouble.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
There are places that do the key fobs other than the dealer. Go to AZ and see if they will allow you to test it before purchase of refund if it don't. Should be able to do it in the parking lot with out much trouble.
We have RF Detector to see if RKE / SMK is sending out RF signal

RKE & SMK remotes require GDS to access appropriate module to store new coding

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
We have RF Detector to see if RKE / SMK is sending out RF signal

RKE & SMK remotes require GDS to access appropriate module to store new coding
Is this a courtesy or a charge?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Is this a courtesy or a charge?
Depend on dealer attitude and customer I guess,, all they need to do is push button to power up the box, and then operate remote buttons and see if LED on tester react...

Attachments

Reactions: grcauto
1 - 5 of 5 Posts