Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched an didn't see any mention of this. I went to schedule an oil change for my Sonata this morning and a recall for the intake hose popped up. Mine failed back in January and was already replaced. It has been fine since, best I can tell.

This didn't show up under the "recalls" section of the MyHyundai website, only when I went to schedule an oil change. Is this new or am I just now seeing it? I am hoping they got this right, as I saw several people mention this hose failing multiple times.

I had/have a screenshot of the recall notice, but I cannot post unless I have 5 posts already.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,767 Posts
I searched an didn't see any mention of this. I went to schedule an oil change for my Sonata this morning and a recall for the intake hose popped up. Mine failed back in January and was already replaced. It has been fine since, best I can tell.

This didn't show up under the "recalls" section of the MyHyundai website, only when I went to schedule an oil change. Is this new or am I just now seeing it? I am hoping they got this right, as I saw several people mention this hose failing multiple times.

I had/have a screenshot of the recall notice, but I cannot post unless I have 5 posts already.

There are a few threads of this up for the past 6 months
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/lf-20...a-2-0t-check-your-turbos-air-intake-hose.html

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/lf-20...2-0t-owners-who-had-intake-hose-replaced.html

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took my 2015 Sonata Sport Limited 2.0T (Build Date June 2015) to the dealer yesterday, Jan 6, 2018, for a bad passenger side exterior front door handle welcome light, at the same time the dealer informed me that I have an open recall for the Turbo Intake Hose to be replaced...Finally, as I was getting uncomfortable with this pending possible disaster!
By the way, Hyundai is NOT posting this in "MyHyundai" web site. Instructions to the dealer is to address the issue next time the vehicle in "In for maintenance". With that said I would go to my local dealer and have them "pull it up". May save you a breakdown and worst on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts