Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:harhar: Just waiting on my new I10 1.0 SE its been delivered to garage,so just doing pre checks, trading in I10 Active 12 plate, new car on tesr drive was a 63 plate and drove like a totally different car to the old one.
Cant wait.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Enjoy! Got my new car last Saturday. The difference between the outgoing model and the new gen is really quite startling. The new one feels far more refined to drive.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy! Got my new car last Saturday. The difference between the outgoing model and the new gen is really quite startling. The new one feels far more refined to drive.:D

smaller engine in this one as went for 1.0, had the 1.2 before, on test drive around town which I use it for no real diff between 2 for power, probably notice it if take on motorwY.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am on the PCP payment thing so extra £10.00 per month now £129.00 over 3.5 years , but now get free servicing for 3 years as well.:D
Is that all it is your car plus an extra £10 a month. I keep looking at pcp stuff and wonder whether to go for it!

Thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
Is that all it is your car plus an extra £10 a month. I keep looking at pcp stuff and wonder whether to go for it!

Thanks
i spent a few years thinking pcp was a con, but if you look at it as you change your car regularly and pay very little, its great as you don't put all you cash in.

i'm coming out a a vw pcp where i have had a golf for 2 yrs , now over to the i10, i will keep for 2yrs and should only cost around £3000 plus a small deposit, and you get to keep in a new car.
best bit of advice is only put a SMALL deposit down

works for some but not all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks

Suits us, low payment, free servicing, cheap tax, cheap insurance and great car =:D happy Dave.

Doesnt suite everyone.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Suits us, low payment, free servicing, cheap tax, cheap insurance and great car =:D happy Dave.

Doesnt suite everyone.
+1 for PCP - there are probably down sides to PCP, but it suits me very well - paying extra £20 per month in my case but I am now in metallic 1.0 premium model with servicing thrown in (compared to old non metallic 1.2 Active with no servicing included) - I also put next to nothing down as a deposit each time!

·
Registered
90 Posts
+2 for PCP. Have been on it since trading my old Prelude in on the scrapage scheme. This is my 3rd i10. £10 cheaper a month for the new gen, 3 years free servicing and AA cover. No brainer really. Having a car from new was on my bucket list. I don't think I could ever afford to buy a new car out right, so this works very nicely for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1.0 or 1.2

I sold my i30 and decided to get new i10. I found the best price on Orange Wheels ( 1.2 premium with all extras: cruise,parking sensors,heated seats,spare wheel and red seats)

I emailed the local dealer who said they would match the price! I put half the cost down and managed to get an agreement with the dealer on 3 years 0 percent only problem 2 to 3 months wait for new car! I asked dealer to sort me out with temp car agreed for a small fee.

Turned up at dealers who had put a new basic i10 on the road for me to use 1.0 litre great little car getting 49mpg on mixed driving just did a 200 mile trip in first week great car to drive quiet and smooth.

I am glad I've ordered the 1.2 because getting up to motorway speed on slip roads takes a bit of time with the 1.0 engine if you do mostly town driving the 1.0 is great but if you want a car to take you anywhere I think the 1.2 is the car to go for. So far I am very impressed with the 'hire' car overall but as explained I am looking forward to getting my own car in three months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally preferred the 1.0 engine. I test drove both and actually had the 1.0 as a courtesy car for a few days. Whilst the 1.2 felt slightly faster it also seemed gruffer and less refined in the cabin at the low speeds i was driving it at (typically 25-50 mph, in an urban setting)and in the city the difference in bhp was scarcely noticeable.. I took the 1.0 for a spin on the M5 and M6, and it had no problem at 70 mph. I currently have an 11 plate i10 Active 1.25, which seems nippier than the new 1.2, probably due to it being about 30kg lighter, but will trade it for a 1.0 premium. I like all 3 of the cars I have mentioned, but for me, the new shape looks much better and the 3 cylinder seems to suit the car more than the 4 cylinder taken across from the older model. Furthermore, the 1.0 litre is 500 pounds cheaper, more economical (road tax, insurance group and mpg) and not significantly slower.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I sold my i30 and decided to get new i10. I found the best price on Orange Wheels ( 1.2 premium with all extras: cruise,parking sensors,heated seats,spare wheel and red seats)
Out of interest did you get a quote off Orange Wheels and then contact your dealer or just quote the price off their website, speccing a 1.2 Premium up with all the add ons and their 900 quid or so cheaper.

Thanks,

Tim.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
+1 for PCP - there are probably down sides to PCP, but it suits me very well - paying extra £20 per month in my case but I am now in metallic 1.0 premium model with servicing thrown in (compared to old non metallic 1.2 Active with no servicing included) - I also put next to nothing down as a deposit each time!
I have the silver sleek metalic coming, dealer is taking out bluetooth handsfree kit tomorrow 18/3/14 putting in new car at no cost to me plus full set of mats and car wash for life of car.
No deposit paid this time round dealer paying £250 deposit, last time deposit was beaten up old C5 estate
Take delivery Thursday 20/3/14.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts