Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Generation i10 Ordered!

Hi - Just test drove 1.0 SE and 1.0 Premium today and surprisingly have already signed up on the dotted line for a 1.0 Premium in Black with Blue interior on PCP!. We are handing back our red 1.2 i10 Active ahead of the end of that PCP term, but still had a small deposit to use to offset against list price of new i10 and got the standard £250 off by going on to new PCP deal. It made sense to do this as we will shortly be due the second (expensive) service and tax etc on the old i10. In addition, we got 3 years servicing on new i10 as part of swap and we have ended up in top spec model in metallic paint - overall it is costing us £20 per month more but bearing in mind the other savings mentioned above, well worth it! The fact that the 1.0 model is more economical and less to tax and insure than the 1.2, will help to offset the extra monthly PCP figure as well

A few general observations are as follows to those who do not know

- Red is not available at this point - surprising as I believe it was the top selling colour on the old i10 and personally I love red cars! Morning Blue (non metallic) was our next choice but not available anywhere in UK for some time, so I was advised
- You do not get either an emergency or full size spare wheel as standard, you get an emergency repair kit
- Fog lights are standard on the SE model upwards, despite the brochure saying they are only on the Premium model
- The 1 litre 3 cylinder engine although having slightly less grunt, is surprisingly quiet/refined and even accelerating quickly is not too thrashy. I was pleasantly surprised with this engine compared to a previous VW Up with similar engine which sounded like a tractor!
- Cruise control is either available free of charge or an extra £50 (still did not understand dealer explanation) on newly built cars. Ours is a showroom car, so does not have this but I am not really bothered on what is largely for me a town/short journey vehicle.
- Hill Start Assist Control will shortly become standard across the range
- Instrument cluster remains permanently lit and there is now an outside temperature gauge, engine temperature gauge and fuel computer across the range
- Wheel trims on SE and below look a bit cheap!
- The stereo seems to be a little better but only has front speakers unless you upgrade via an option pack or choose the Premium model
- Although the seats are more shaped, they are more comfortable for most I guess and you now feel that you sit in them rather than on them
- The ride is so much better - bumps are not felt anywhere near as much!
- Some dealers do not even have a brochure yet - I have one though!

As you can see from the above I am a bit of a saddo, but some might like to know these things!

Apparently, when we get it on Wednesday we will be the first to pick one up in the Ipswich area, but that is not the reason we said yes! This is now the third showroom car we have chosen from the same dealer, so it gets all tied up very quickly. Would ideally have liked the grey metallic with blue interior but they did not have it and they will not be getting another batch of cars until late May which would have been too late for us to avoid existing costs already mentioned. The only thing that is puzzling is why they have changed the spec of the cars so soon after launching them!

First impressions are favourable, it seems a much more grown up car - more like a mini i20!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi - Just test drove 1.0 SE and 1.0 Premium today and surprisingly have already signed up on the dotted line for a 1.0 Premium in Black with Blue interior on PCP!. We are handing back our red 1.2 i10 Active ahead of the end of that PCP term, but still had a small deposit to use to offset against list price of new i10 and got the standard £250 off by going on to new PCP deal. It made sense to do this as we will shortly be due the second (expensive) service and tax etc on the old i10. In addition, we got 3 years servicing on new i10 as part of swap and we have ended up in top spec model in metallic paint - overall it is costing us £20 per month more but bearing in mind the other savings mentioned above, well worth it! The fact that the 1.0 model is more economical and less to tax and insure than the 1.2, will help to offset the extra monthly PCP figure as well

A few general observations are as follows to those who do not know

- Red is not available at this point - surprising as I believe it was the top selling colour on the old i10 and personally I love red cars! Morning Blue (non metallic) was our next choice but not available anywhere in UK for some time, so I was advised
- You do not get either an emergency or full size spare wheel as standard, you get an emergency repair kit
- Fog lights are standard on the SE model upwards, despite the brochure saying they are only on the Premium model
- The 1 litre 3 cylinder engine although having slightly less grunt, is surprisingly quiet/refined and even accelerating quickly is not too thrashy. I was pleasantly surprised with this engine compared to a previous VW Up with similar engine which sounded like a tractor!
- Cruise control is either available free of charge or an extra £50 (still did not understand dealer explanation) on newly built cars. Ours is a showroom car, so does not have this but I am not really bothered on what is largely for me a town/short journey vehicle.
- Hill Start Assist Control will shortly become standard across the range
- Instrument cluster remains permanently lit and there is now an outside temperature gauge, engine temperature gauge and fuel computer across the range
- Wheel trims on SE and below look a bit cheap!
- The stereo seems to be a little better but only has front speakers unless you upgrade via an option pack or choose the Premium model
- Although the seats are more shaped, they are more comfortable for most I guess and you now feel that you sit in them rather than on them
- The ride is so much better - bumps are not felt anywhere near as much!
- Some dealers do not even have a brochure yet - I have one though!

As you can see from the above I am a bit of a saddo, but some might like to know these things!

Apparently, when we get it on Wednesday we will be the first to pick one up in the Ipswich area, but that is not the reason we said yes! This is now the third showroom car we have chosen from the same dealer, so it gets all tied up very quickly. Would ideally have liked the grey metallic with blue interior but they did not have it and they will not be getting another batch of cars until late May which would have been too late for us to avoid existing costs already mentioned. The only thing that is puzzling is why they have changed the spec of the cars so soon after launching them!

First impressions are favourable, it seems a much more grown up car - more like a mini i20!

saddo , no you have to do your 'homework' on these things, for many a car is there second highest purchase after a house.

Hopefully I've done mine....lol

I think we're off to order ours today,

just finalizing the final figures etc, i have two offers on the table and managed to haggle both down to where we need to be,
the dealer did a deal and was pushing for us to have the showroom car, but we missed it anyway, so managed to get the same deal on a factory order, which as you said above, will come with the cruise and hill assist (so i'm led to believe).
think we have a good deal, premium with metallic, £9668 inc the free servicing, looking to add mats, mudflaps and a tank of fuel to sign on the dotted line.

i do have a link to a web site that i used and got the dealer to match, pm if anyone is interested ( don't know if i'm allowed to post links?):)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for some reason I do not seem able to edit my post, here are a few updates

- Meant to say Cruise Control was going to become standard for newly built SE & Premium models
- All the models I saw now use Continental tyres
- Front fog lights on SE and below? may actually be daytime running lights (not sure what the difference is) whereas Premium has LED daytime running lights and front fog lights

·
Registered
590 Posts
i used

carwow

post your spec and dealer comeback with there best offers
then i used

orangewheels

once again use there site for the car spec, and the best price is quoted on the page straight away, no waiting for a replay as the best deals is already listed, , just test drive at your local dealer, then call orangewheels and they put the dealer in contact with you, for me this was the best quote, but not the best px, i then told my local dealer the price and he reluctantly matched it, what was good for me was that , my px is underwritten by another garage,(hyundai selling it on) so i get the best of both worlds,

called many dealers with in a 50 radius and only 2 would look at matching it.

'i'm not on commission' ..... :)

just helpping others , hopefully.

·
22,793 Posts
Three cylinder, eh? Not familiar with the i10, guys. So, I googled it. Have to admit that it is one cute little car. One of the engine view images made the battery seem bigger than the engine. ;) I could see my granddaughter commuting back and forth to college in one of these if they were available over here.

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting on these? And, if I may ask, what is the warranty? One more question. Someone mentioned the expensive 2nd service and tax. What is the tax about? Is this service something that you can do at home and save that expense as long as you have the receipts that indicated it had been performed?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Three cylinder, eh? Not familiar with the i10, guys. So, I googled it. Have to admit that it is one cute little car. One of the engine view images made the battery seem bigger than the engine. ;) I could see my granddaughter commuting back and forth to college in one of these if they were available over here.

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting on these? And, if I may ask, what is the warranty? One more question. Someone mentioned the expensive 2nd service and tax. What is the tax about? Is this service something that you can do at home and save that expense as long as you have the receipts that indicated it had been performed?
over here,
£30, free first year
3 years free service
5 years free warranty and
50ish mpg

so seams a good deal, I like FREE:)

·
22,793 Posts
over here,
£30, free first year
3 years free service
5 years free warranty and
50ish mpg

so seams a good deal, I like FREE:)
I'm with you, Steve! "Free is good. Free works for me!" LOL

Wow! 50ish on the MPG's. That's "almost" free, yes? :wink2: Thanks! And, as I said before, it's a cute little rascal. Would be perfect for local commuting around here.

·
22,793 Posts
I understand a spare wheel (even space saver) is no longer included, just goo (tyre repair kit).:eek:
I guess we were the guinea pigs over here in the States. Neither of my Elantras came with a spare. Just a can of sealant (goo) and a 12v air pump that has all the appearances of being barely qualified to air up a soccer ball. Looks like Hyundai is implementing this concept across the European continent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For some reason, the "facelift" 1.2 models qualify for free first year road tax, and then only £20 for subsequent years, rather than £30 for the earlier models. I can't do better than 43 mpg in mine, which I'm fairly happy about for mixed driving. As US gallons are smaller than Imperial, this would be a different figure, but I'm too addled on a Saturday afternoon to work it out!:D:D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ahhhhh....First time for ages a really useful, sensible and constructive i10 thread with loads of helpful advice and experience based facts and not a load of one line, incomprehensible drivel that no-one could gain an ounce of sense from.

THANK YOU!

It's clear from what's been said above that it's still very early days and the dust is still settling and specs and prices (discounts) have yet to fully settle but I'm pleased and heartened to see that some have taken the plunge and got down to some good old fashioned research and bartering in order to achieve some sensible figures and have confronted their dealers fully armed with the facts and figures at their disposal. Great stuff.

I can't remember if it's been mentioned but I've seen, elsewhere, that one or two bods would have liked the top spec available with auto. but, as with the current model, it seems not to be the case.

I was a little disappointed to gather that the 1.2 engine and gearbox have been carried over almost as they were. Regulars will be haunted by the countless tales of clutch problems dating right back to launch of the first ones (when scrappage was the talk of the day) and then gearbox niggles aplenty and then the protracted problems with some automatics making that horrendous vibration at 3250 rpm that I and others elsewhere suffered.....not to mention flickering dash lighting (I've still got it myself) plus squeaking seat belts....etc etc............and don't forget the countless threads regarding poor mpg. My last tankful was 27.3mpg (brimmed). I kid you not.

I truly hope that everyone has learned something from the experience gained with the first one and it's subsequent facelift, and that the new one will offer some genuine competition to the VW / Up / Citigo / Mii trio which have been achieving much acclaim from the majority. (although there are a number of disgruntled owners starting to show their displeasure at the clicking clutch pedal which seems to afflict a percentage of owners and which VAG have now apparently officially classed as "normal"and a "characteristic" of the car). Where have I heard that before?????? Ah yes, I remember!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree very interesting. Remotely contemplating changing mine. Orange Wheels has been mentioned and from my enquiries they have the best pricing at moment.

What is not clear is whether their price is conditional on taking out manufacturers PCP as on DrivetheDeal.

According to DTD there is a manufacturers contribution of £500. However according to Hyundai website there is only a £250 manufacturer contribution.

So a bit confusing. Guess best thing is ring OrangeWheels and clarify.

I think i may let things develop as i am sure discounts will improve.

When i got mine in September 2012 via DrivetheDeal there was a £1250 manufacturer contribution if you took the PCP out with the Style model. So i took advantage of this and the car with optional ESP stood me at £7560 together with DTD discount as well as the £1250.

Couldnt say no really with those figures.

I then immediately settled the whole agreement after asking for a figure which i knew anyway.

So fingers crossed its early days yet and i will probably wait for a similar deal.....hopefully.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Classic, Active, Style 1.2
0 - 62 mph 12.2 seconds
Top speed 105 mph
85 BHP
Combined mpg 61.4 mpg

New 110 1.2
0 - 62 mph 12.3 seconds
Top speed 109 mph
87 BHP
Combined mpg 57.6 mpg

Not much difference.

Style: Factory fitted sunroof included.

New i10: No sunroof option.

What the H**l are Hyundai UK thinking of?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re orangewheels
States £250 inc in price.
Thanks for that Steve. Guess i am losing the old faculties. Old age and poverty etc.

When i looked again its blatently obvious.

Still its not a bad deal considering the car has only just been released.

Very tempting.............. ^_^

·
Registered
590 Posts
orangewheels

Thanks for that Steve. Guess i am losing the old faculties. Old age and poverty etc.

When i looked again its blatently obvious.

Still its not a bad deal considering the car has only just been released.

Very tempting.............. ^_^
i called them as it was not clear , then the £250 was not included, but they then changed it,
living in Derby they put me in contact with a dealer near to me , who were very helpful and wanting to do a deal, actually told me more about the car than my dealer, even advised me when he knew he had lost the deal, but i got my local dealer to match it, nearly, plus my px was underwritten by a 3rd party so got the best of both worlds. the only stumbling block was the free servicing as i'm not a current Hyundai owner, but haggled a deal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I called my dealer reference the cruise control as standard, and it's not according to them. It's now a £50 option, which has been separated from the driver convieance package, and the original price has been reduced because of it.
This applies to both SE and Premium models.

I should know by next week when mines likely to arrive. I've also added rear parking sensors as another extra to my Black premium order over 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I called my dealer reference the cruise control as standard, and it's not according to them. It's now a £50 option, which has been separated from the driver convieance package, and the original price has been reduced because of it.
This applies to both SE and Premium models.

I should know by next week when mines likely to arrive. I've also added rear parking sensors as another extra to my Black premium order over 2 weeks ago.
Think we need to sort this cruise out,a different dealer a different answer,
I've been told that its standard on the premium from Feb 2014 build.
The £50 is the price for others in the range...
Hill assist is another anomaly, yes it has it as standard, no its not....

looks like a few phone calls tomorrow

1 - 20 of 49 Posts