Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My first post :)

I'm looking to trade in my 2001 BMW Z3 for the new i10 and was planning on ordering this month :)

Specced the car as follows,

1.2 Premium.
Metallic Grey.
15" alloys.
Cruise.
Spare wheel.
Half simulated leather seats.
Winter Pack.

I have been reading the other thread on build dates and there seems to be alot of uncertainty of delivery dates from the dealers. To be honest its slightly putting me off if dealers are unable to give firm dates. I was expecting around 8 weeks but looks like it could be 12 or indeed 16 weeks :( I recently bought a new BMW E89 Z4 and delivery was 7 weeks from ordering to receiving the car and was kept well informed by the dealer.

Could any members be kind enough to post when they placed their order and when they are expecting delivery or what they have been told by their dealer. If it orders are taking over 8 weeks to be fulfilled I may wait until July now for September delivery.

Does anyone know if you order the half simulated leather seats it delays delivery?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Tim.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've ordered January 26th a 1.2 premium , metallic paint with parking sensors, hyundai told me to expect delivery April/May. Cruise is now standard on the Premium.
Hope this helps.
Sent you a pm.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Like Steve I ordered on the same day, 1.2 premium in black with no extras and they seem to think April, really poor from Hyundai, had to go to the dealer for an update, not a phone call or anything. Making me think twice whether to cancel...:-(

·
Registered
590 Posts
Like Steve I ordered on the same day, 1.2 premium in black with no extras and they seem to think April, really poor from Hyundai, had to go to the dealer for an update, not a phone call or anything. Making me think twice whether to cancel...:-(
Like you thinking of looking around, but would you go from the frying pan into the fire. Seems like most manufacturers build to order.
I pushed for compensation for the wait but got a no from Hyundai customer services.
Not heard a thing from my dealer. .....

Will probably just sit and wait.

Would you get a full refund of your deposit if you cancelled.?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. PM sent Steve.

Normally for new factory orders I've placed in the past, for BMW/Audi/MINI its generally been around 8 weeks, 10 at the very most, bearing in mind the i10 is a new model I'm guessing Hyundai are limiting batches to ensure worldwide orders are fulfilled which will mean long delivery times. I know when I was thinking of a Dacia Sandero Stepway,delivery times were upto 6 months when first released as demand was outstripping supply, so I didn't bother.

I'm pretty sure if your supplying dealer stipulates a delivery time on the order form for which a deposit is paid and the delivery time is not honoured then your entitled to your deposit back minus any admin fees to cover their costs, if you haven't paid any deposit then just cancel and walk away.

I remember years ago I ordered a Suzuki Swift GTI and the dealer couldn't fulfill the order in the time stipulated so I bought one from another dealer that was sitting in the showroom. The original dealer refused to pay the deposit back but luckily the other dealer knocked the deposit off the cars price.

When I ordered my BMW Z4 last year the dealer wanted a £1000 deposit so was glad when the car arrived on time as I imagine it would have been fun trying to wrestle that amount back off the dealer :mellow:

Tim.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered 7th jan. Premium 1.2, in black with lots of ad dons. Arrives week of 11th April.
Thankyou Steve, so around 13 weeks hmmmm thats quite a while. I'm just unsure if to order soon subject to a test drive or wait a while until June for Sept delivery and the new reg :mellow:

Tim.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine would of been even longer as one of my extras was rear parking sensors, but dealer said if I was to wait for this ,it would be into May, They have a car with my spec awaiting shipment without sensors, but are fitting at the dealership free of charge so my request is not delayed because of these parking sensors.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi all
I ordered 29 January for a 1.2 premium, black, cruise control, parking sensors and winter pack, full size spare wheel and told by my dealer to expect mid to end April for delivery. I contacted Hyundai through Facebook and spoke to customer services on the phone. They told me that they expect a build date mid April with delivery possibly beginning of May. They have offered a goodwill gesture which could vary from a service plan or accessories
Cc1970

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello, Everyone

I have ordered my first car i10 1.2 Premium, Morning blue solid, Combo of blue/black seats and few accessories on 23 February 2014. I have got told from my dealer expected will be on 30 April 2013.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lol, I am so happy that they had a 1.0 SE in Stardust Grey sitting at the dealers when I went in. I drove it out on launch day but then I didn't want or need any of the extras anyway

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone much appreciated.

Looks like from most replies its around 12 weeks give or take. I've decided I will definitely go for the i10, in comparison to the VW Up which I've specced up at £13700 and the Suzuki Swift SZ4 5 door at £11616, currently VAT free the i10 is looking great value. I'm not so keen on the Ups styling and would prefer a 4 Cyl. I have a soft spot for the Swift as have owned a couple in the past however the current model is looking a tad dated now. Think I may wait until around June before placing an order which will probably bring it to Sept delivery :)

Tim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Titan Tim
I ordered a new I10 in early March and was told end of May early June delivery . It's is a 1.2 premium in grey metallic , standard spec and with reversing sensors and spare wheel. My dealer had to be prompted for info, now after 10 weeks I am told they cannot give me a date but it could be end of July or worse! That's 20 weeks! It could run into August and I paid a £500 deposit at the time of the order. Any advice on where I stand for a cancellation or making them hold for a September registration

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Titan Tim
I ordered a new I10 in early March and was told end of May early June delivery . It's is a 1.2 premium in grey metallic , standard spec and with reversing sensors and spare wheel. My dealer had to be prompted for info, now after 10 weeks I am told they cannot give me a date but it could be end of July or worse! That's 20 weeks! It could run into August and I paid a £500 deposit at the time of the order. Any advice on where I stand for a cancellation or making them hold for a September registration
I know that if you are getting finance a dealer can not withhold a deposit if you change your mind, that is, if you hadn't signed the finance docs yet. This is due to the contract being between you, the dealer and the finance company and not just you and the dealer. On top of this as they haven't delivered the car in the specified time they have also broken what they promised.
If I were you I would tell them how annoyed I was (try for some compensation!) and demand they don't register it on the 14 plate. Be proactive though not aggressive with your choice of language. The car well be worth the wait btw.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hi Titan Tim
Dealers can be very awkward in this respect as unless you have a date specified on the order that you and the dealer signed then you have little to hold them by. Regarding the finance that tends to be arranged either on the day of collection or a few days before you collect but the car has been delivered by then.

If you want to cancel then just tell the dealer you want your money back, they should refund this accepting there may be a small cancellation fee. If they start playing silly beggars then its time to seek legal advice.

I've knocked getting an i10 on the head now, far too much faffing on Hyundais part. By chance I was in my local BMW dealer at the weekend and had a chat with one of the salesmen about swapping my current Z4. Hes gone away to crunch some figures and if OK will be ordering an M135i, 8 week delivery :)

Happy days,

Tim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know that if you are getting finance a dealer can not withhold a deposit if you change your mind, that is, if you hadn't signed the finance docs yet. This is due to the contract being between you, the dealer and the finance company and not just you and the dealer. On top of this as they haven't delivered the car in the specified time they have also broken what they promised.
If I were you I would tell them how annoyed I was (try for some compensation!) and demand they don't register it on the 14 plate. Be proactive though not aggressive with your choice of language. The car well be worth the wait btw.
I put the deposit on my CC and will fund the purchase myself! I want the car, but just feel abused by the dealer and Hyundai by this gross inefficiency. If I wait until September I will be stuck with having to re- tax and MOT my wife's old car!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts