Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
22,781 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. There was no release date information on the 2018 thread, and of the none of the dealers I spoke to had a concrete idea of when the 2017s will stop production. Was hoping some of the gurus on here could help.
I'm in the planning stages of a trip to Montgomery AL for family visits and a Hyundai plant tour. But that's at least 3-4 weeks off. Info will hopefully be more forthcoming before then.

Arent all turbo sports going to be Ulsan builds, yes? Someone correct me. I would think a person at the Montgomery SHOULD have a clue on the 2017 end run and the 2018 startup? Or know where to ask?

·
22,781 Posts
Anyone out there in the Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, etc., vicinities looking for a 2018 Scarlet Red Pearl, Turbo Sport? My dealer pulled up a unit coming his way. Loaded! Black leather, of course. MSRP: $26,280. Includes cargo net, rear bumper appliqué, and factory floor mats. And, yes, 3 year BL (all 3 tiers) is listed as included.

Accessory Group: 03
MSRP: $22,900.00
Added Features:
Premium Package: $2,250.00
Mats: $125.00
Cargo Net: $50.00
Rear Bumper Appliqué: $70.00
Freight: $885.00

Total MSRP: $26,280.00

·
Registered
369 Posts
Picked up my 18 sport today. Traded in my 2016 MD base for it. The difference is insane. Love the car. I didn’t even know these existed until I saw this online and had to have it. Paid a bit more than I wanted but I got some extras on there that I feel like make it worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my 18 sport today. Traded in my 2016 MD base for it. The difference is insane. Love the car. I didn’t even know these existed until I saw this online and had to have it. Paid a bit more than I wanted but I got some extras on there that I feel like make it worth it.

Enjoy same color as mine. I'm very happy with mine at 10k miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
No problems with mine. So far. Handles great and accelerates well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s a great car. Also didn’t realize the exhaust they put on it. Figured the noise was just being piped through the speakers hahah

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up my new 2018 baby on Saturday and boy am I impressed. She is so much fun to drive, comfortable and will scoot. Never thought an Elantra would look so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
So I'm actually shopping for a new car and the Elantra Sport happens to be on my list.

So for you Elantra Sport owners out there, do you guys feel the need to be extra careful when driving for fear of puncturing your tires thanks to crap like potholes and etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
So I'm actually shopping for a new car and the Elantra Sport happens to be on my list.

So for you Elantra Sport owners out there, do you guys feel the need to be extra careful when driving for fear of puncturing your tires thanks to crap like potholes and etc?

Thanks

Not anymore than you would with any other car. Just avoid potholes and obstacles and you’re fine lol

·
22,781 Posts
Sport’s have low profile rubber? 18” rims, or something? Great looking rims from what I remember. EDIT: Just read 18x7.5. Can’t be any worse than my 19x7.5” with 225/45R/19’s. Might jump to 50 series at replacement time. But will throw off the speedometer about 3mph, as a guess.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yup, 18 and ride like crap. Have to watch for all imperfections in the road to avoid possible wheel or tire damage. I'd really prefer 17.

Lol they do not ride like crap. **** im lowered on coilovers and the ride is still really good. 17s do help a bit though from what I hear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did take it into consideration on the test drive but for the price I paid, it was the best deal on any new car anywhere in 250 miles. Paid less than a base model Elantra.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
A combo I would have liked to have seen would be the 245HP turbo 2.0L in a new Elantra Coupe. Sure, there's the Veloster N, but that's too tiny. In any event, I wouldn't have been able to get either for what I paid for my EB.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts